erasmus program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stwei

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know how the erasmus program works for medical schools in europe? How readily can students transfer from one university to another in europe?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not entirely sure, because medicine is a different kind of undergrad course than anything else, it's not like a JYA. You would need to ask your school directly, because sometimes certain med schools will have exchanges and only recognize credits from only certain universities. Your school will also tell you exactly when you can take the erasmus year. For instance, at Trinity (Ireland) you can do an erasmus year for your 4th year (3rd year for north american students) and only with a specific French university. They might have an exchange with another country, but if so, I can't remember what it is. Erasmus for health science students is a lot more restricted than erasmus for everyone else.

at our school, we can go to any erasmus program, at any point during our education and get full credit. it is fairly competitive for some locations, though. your school should have an erasmus coordinator that can give you the answers

At my college they require you to complete the 1st year, plus have more than 60 credits made in the year before. And we can choose colleges from Poland, France and Italy.