ERAS - withdrawing an application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slim shanie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering withdrawing my application from a couple programs. I received invites from some of my top choices and after getting new information, I'm not as interested in some programs.

Have any of you done this through ERAS? What do you think about it? Is it not that big of a deal?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you have enough interviews then it's not a big deal.. happens all the time... Just make sure to call the program coordinator and inform him/her out of courtesy so that they don't get a negative reaction towards inviting people from your school.

I forgot to mention.. I have not yet received invites from these programs I'm seeking to withdraw my app from... ERAS has the option of withdrawing online before being offered an invite.

what about withdrawing after scheduling an interview? i would feel bad doing so, but its very likely that i already scheduled progA and now progB gives an invite and I would much rather go to progB but due to limited amt of slots, i have to replace progA's interview date?

Seriously, the programs care less.. if you want to cancel an interview then do so by calling them. It's just a courtesy 5 min call. If they really really really care they might ask you why, otherwise these guys got too many people to see and not enough time...

As for withdrawing on ERAS before you get an invite, you don't even need to call them for that one... that's why the option is there to begin with.