ERAS transcript Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lawdawg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for ERAS veterans. My school sent my transcript into ERAS without my most important grade (the specialty I'm going into). Unfortunately, several programs have already begun to download this transcript. The updated transcript is being resent, so do I need to contact the programs and tell them my situation, and encourage them to re-download, or will ERAS show that there are two transcripts available for download (I'd assume if this is the case they would download the most recent). Hope that’s not too confusing. Any help would be great. Thanks, LD

Members don't see this ad.

When your school uploads your updated transcript it will show up as a second "transcript" in ADTS. Programs will see that an updated transcript is available for download, and they'll download it automatically, even if they've already downloaded your older one. I've been in this situation already this year, and this is how it worked out for me. There's no need to contact programs, and when they download your new transcript it'll overwrite the old one, so there's no possibility of them accidentally looking at the older, outdated transcript once they get the new one. It's actually a pretty nice system.

TommyGunn04 said:
When your school uploads your updated transcript it will show up as a second "transcript" in ADTS. Programs will see that an updated transcript is available for download, and they'll download it automatically, even if they've already downloaded your older one. I've been in this situation already this year, and this is how it worked out for me. There's no need to contact programs, and when they download your new transcript it'll overwrite the old one, so there's no possibility of them accidentally looking at the older, outdated transcript once they get the new one. It's actually a pretty nice system.

TG, Thanks for the reply. This is a pretty nice system, saved me a lot of trouble contacting programs.