ERAS questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktat72

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I will probably be posting a lot of questions about what to fill out on the forms throughout this month.

The first question:

In the sections about medical school activities and leadership, how long should the discussions about the activities be? Is a small paragraph too long?

Members don't see this ad.

One word for you: RELAX.

I simply cannot believe you've asked this question.

I asked a similar question a few days ago. The general response was that less is better. Program directors have to look at hundreds of applications, so be succinct.

I've been told to not write any more than you would write on a CV. After all, that's what ERAS is--your CV.

so a one line description is best, then?

Under the section professional and honorary society memberships, can I include Alpha Phi Omega community service fraternity?

How far back are we supposed to go in listing volunteer, work, and service experiences? Undergrad jobs? High school jobs? Elementary school paper routes? :D :D :D I missed where there was any direction about this.

Lefty

Lefty said:
How far back are we supposed to go in listing volunteer, work, and service experiences? Undergrad jobs? High school jobs? Elementary school paper routes? :D :D :D I missed where there was any direction about this.

Lefty

I only listed medical school and undergrad.

I just realized that my name was mentioned in the 2004 Edition because I submitted a couple book reviews to the authors. Should I mention this on my application? I know we got a $10-20 amazon.com gift certificate but will it hurt if I mention this?