ERAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdboy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In regards to LOR, do we need to list all of the LORs that we plan to use before we certify and submit?....Or can we submit/certify our applications and then later add any other LORs that we get?

Members don't see this ad.

You can certify and submit before you complete ANY other part of your app (USMLE scores, letters, personal statement, etc.).

Somebody correct me if this is wrong, but I believe you have to list the letters you expect to receive ERAS before your school can upload them. I'm not really sure, though.

Jaded Soul said:
Somebody correct me if this is wrong, but I believe you have to list the letters you expect to receive ERAS before your school can upload them. I'm not really sure, though.

*Nod* Just talked to my school's Office of Student Affairs today, who informed me that you need to assign your letters (individually) to the various residency programs before they can upload them to ERAS.

Can you send LORs to the programs separately as you get new LORs? I have one right now, but i am expecting three more coming in sometime soon. Do i need to wait till all of these letters are in and send them together or can i send them separately?

sdboy said:
Can you send LORs to the programs separately as you get new LORs? I have one right now, but i am expecting three more coming in sometime soon. Do i need to wait till all of these letters are in and send them together or can i send them separately?

Each letter is submitted to ERAS separately. You need to request the letter be sent to each program you want to send it to. Probablly the easiest thing is to request all of your letters now (click on each program and click which letters you want sent there) and your school will upload them as they arrive.