ERAS Publication section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sungkwon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering about the ERAS' publication section. I know in one's own CV you can put "manuscript in preparation" but what about ERAS is that even possible?
It seems that only CV that residency directors get to see is the ERAS one, I do not think you can upload your own CV either is that correct?

Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

sungkwon said:
Hey guys, just wondering about the ERAS' publication section. I know in one's own CV you can put "manuscript in preparation" but what about ERAS is that even possible?
It seems that only CV that residency directors get to see is the ERAS one, I do not think you can upload your own CV either is that correct?

Thanks in advance...

My first instinct says.... no... prepared doesn't mean it will be published.. I've seen many manuscripts go down hill after being prepared... we aren't even talking about the fact that even if they are submitted they might get rejected (had one rejected a year ago even though abstract was accepted because the study didn't have a control group added, we added a control group from the database and submitted to a different journal... took another year and a half for it to go through.)

On the other hand..... I don't think ERAS even makes the distinction between "In Preparation" or "Submitted" or "In Press" and honestly, I don't know if the interviewers will ask you about those statuses... I am interested because I have 3 manuscripts in preparation that i didnt bother putting in ERAS.

Faebinder said:
On the other hand..... I don't think ERAS even makes the distinction between "In Preparation" or "Submitted" or "In Press" and honestly, I don't know if the interviewers will ask you about those statuses... I am interested because I have 3 manuscripts in preparation that i didnt bother putting in ERAS.

Put it all in there. If you've written a methods section and have an idea of what it might be about, make up a title and put it in there. Label it as MS in preparation but there's no need to leave it off.

I got asked about 2 of those I had on my CV at one interview. Both were waiting for data from collaborators so I hadn't gotten much more done that intro, methods and some results stuff. The only place that asked was U of Chicago and their question was about the impact factor of the journals (one is being reviewed at JBC, the other is still waiting on data unfortunately). The worst that can happen is somebody asks about it and you tell them the truth ("I'm working on it right now"). Better to have them in preparation than not at all.

BE (now PE)

brooklyneric said:
Put it all in there. If you've written a methods section and have an idea of what it might be about, make up a title and put it in there. Label it as MS in preparation but there's no need to leave it off.

I got asked about 2 of those I had on my CV at one interview. Both were waiting for data from collaborators so I hadn't gotten much more done that intro, methods and some results stuff. The only place that asked was U of Chicago and their question was about the impact factor of the journals (one is being reviewed at JBC, the other is still waiting on data unfortunately). The worst that can happen is somebody asks about it and you tell them the truth ("I'm working on it right now"). Better to have them in preparation than not at all.

BE (now PE)

What about abstracts? I have like 9 submitted waiting for acceptance.