ERAS Photos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahsa

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a dumb question - but how do I send in my photo for my ERAS application?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming tha my school is gonna upload one for me (the official photos that they use for everything). It's not such a dumb question. :)

We had to have our picture made because the photo has to be in the last 6 months. We just give it to the Registrar and they scan it in like everything else.

You provide your designated dean's office a wallet-sized photo and they scan it in, just like your letters of rec.

Our school recommends we get professional/semi-professional photos done and submitted to them by mid-October.

Blade28 said:
Our school recommends we get professional/semi-professional photos done and submitted to them by mid-October.

What if, if there is a transmission failure? Can the photo be re-sent? Will the ERAS upload it again to the post-office? Can you see your photo there, once its uploaded to the post-office? I mean what if - if your photo drops on the floor there in the ERAS office, some shoe walks on it, then it gets picked-up and scanned by the scanners ... and lo and behold ... you don't get any interviews because you look like you were kicked in the face? (remember that shoe?)

Vwvvwvw said:
What if, if there is a transmission failure? Can the photo be re-sent? Will the ERAS upload it again to the post-office? Can you see your photo there, once its uploaded to the post-office? I mean what if - if your photo drops on the floor there in the ERAS office, some shoe walks on it, then it gets picked-up and scanned by the scanners ... and lo and behold ... you don't get any interviews because you look like you were kicked in the face? (remember that shoe?)

No idea. I just had photos taken, picked one (3x4") and gave it to my school, they scanned it and uploaded it for me. Programs then have been downloading it off ERAS.