ERAS photo: in by Sept 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ruban

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Quick question regarding the ERAS photo. Ideally, I'd like to hold off a few weeks before getting my ERAS photo. However, I also want to submit ERAS on Sept 1.

The question: if I submit ERAS on Sept 1 and get interview invites, but only submit photo on say Sept 20, will the programs get that photo?

I DO want them to get the photo, but I don't want to delay submitting ERAS just to wait for the photo to come in.

Thanks! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

From my understanding you can send them an email when the picture comes in to make sure that they upload it. I think you an track to see who has uploaded your info. Your dean office person should know the exact answer to this question. Good luck.

i'm confused about the picture as well. do u give the pic to student affairs to have it uploaded or do u mail it or what? thank you

For a guy, is a nice shirt and tie acceptable, or shall we go with a full suit? Also, is a passport photo acceptable, or does it need be larger?

Hi all,
Quick question regarding the ERAS photo. Ideally, I'd like to hold off a few weeks before getting my ERAS photo. However, I also want to submit ERAS on Sept 1.

The question: if I submit ERAS on Sept 1 and get interview invites, but only submit photo on say Sept 20, will the programs get that photo?

I DO want them to get the photo, but I don't want to delay submitting ERAS just to wait for the photo to come in.

Thanks! :luck:

Yes, the programs will upload your application multiple times throughout the process. They will definitely upload it again on Nov 1. They all have different systems, but don't worry, they will get your picture.

For a guy, is a nice shirt and tie acceptable, or shall we go with a full suit? Also, is a passport photo acceptable, or does it need be larger?

ERAS specifies a 'wallet-sized photo' so passport sized is fine..and also it mentions that the photo should show basically just your head and shoulders. Im pretty sure any decent shirt would be fine..a suit is really not necessary since they arent really going to see all that much anyway!

i'm confused about the picture as well. do u give the pic to student affairs to have it uploaded or do u mail it or what? thank you

I'm confused on this one too. So do we give it to student affairs to upload, mail it in, or do we upload from our computer? I don't know where to find this information or did I miss it when we had our school's residency Q&A sessions. Please help.:confused:

I'm confused on this one too. So do we give it to student affairs to upload, mail it in, or do we upload from our computer? I don't know where to find this information or did I miss it when we had our school's residency Q&A sessions. Please help.:confused:

at my school, we just send a pix to the assistant in the dean's office and she uploads pics. i'm just gonna stand against a white wall, set up camera to autotimer mode, take a pix, crop it to 2x3" at 300 dpi, and send it to the dean's office.

I just found out we needed to submit a photo too. Turns out you can print a coupon online for JC Penny and it's just $4.99 for a bunch of wallet photos, plus you get to preview the photo to make sure you like it. :p

at my school, we just send a pix to the assistant in the dean's office and she uploads pics. i'm just gonna stand against a white wall, set up camera to autotimer mode, take a pix, crop it to 2x3" at 300 dpi, and send it to the dean's office.

thats what i did instead of throwing $35 to my school photo group

do we get to see the photo that's uploaded? it's one thing to send the office a jpg and another to keep the original intact rather than resizing it and stuff...

do we get to see the photo that's uploaded? it's one thing to send the office a jpg and another to keep the original intact rather than resizing it and stuff...

My thoughts exactly. A bad resizing can ruin your application IMO.

nothing is ruined here guys
programs DO NOT SEE YOUR PIC until after they have decided to interview you.
so they are not looking for hot girls, or weeding out the uglies- at least not for the interviews- and then they would see you anyway.

the purpose is supposedly so they can recognize you when you come for the interview