ERAS LOR Designation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Impressions

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two quick questions.

1. Will you receive interview offers by applying to programs without sending in 3 LORs? The reason I ask is because I have 2 Strong LORS but for the 3rd LOR ( I plan on rotating depending on region of the country and/or connections to a specific residency). I will be doing Away rotations in Sept and Early October so I can't designate them just yet.

2. Can you swap LORS after you designate the letters? For example, to apply to a residency program you have to assign LOR to that program. If they downloaded your application, is it too late to swap letters? Will ERAS automatically update new information such as a new LOR designation?

The reason I am asking this is because I am considering just sending out 2 LORs for now or 3 LORS for now, than swapping them once the LORs for my Sept and October rotations come through.

Members don't see this ad.

Two quick questions.

1. Will you receive interview offers by applying to programs without sending in 3 LORs? The reason I ask is because I have 2 Strong LORS but for the 3rd LOR ( I plan on rotating depending on region of the country and/or connections to a specific residency). I will be doing Away rotations in Sept and Early October so I can't designate them just yet.

2. Can you swap LORS after you designate the letters? For example, to apply to a residency program you have to assign LOR to that program. If they downloaded your application, is it too late to swap letters? Will ERAS automatically update new information such as a new LOR designation?

The reason I am asking this is because I am considering just sending out 2 LORs for now or 3 LORS for now, than swapping them once the LORs for my Sept and October rotations come through.

What I've been told is that you can be offered interviews without assigning all of the LOR's. So the strategy would be to submit everything except the LOR's, then wait for the right letters to come in and designate them appropriately. I'm not sure you can retract a LOR once it is designated.

That sounds like a good plan but has anyone received interview offers in September WITHOUT assigning LORs?

Anyone?