ERAS for the reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alcmd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am switching out of one specialty (in which I am still currently employed) into another this upcoming year. I have wanted to for a while but found it to be nearly impossible to do outside of the match so I am re-entering ERAS. Who out there has done this? I have LOR's from old professors, USMLE scores, and a Dean's letter; however, will they contact my current program director/ chair? I was going to tell them sometime in the winter so that they had enough time to seek a replacement; on the other hand, I don't particularly want work to get out in September as I don't want a hostile working environment for the next 9 months.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I am kind of in the same boat as you. I am applying for a position through this years match, but am in my final year of my current program.

I would inform your current program director as soon as possible as you will need a letter of recommendation from him/her as part of your ERAS file. You should also have new letters of recommendation showing that you have performed well at your current institutution. Your Dean's office of your medical school should take care of all the uploading of documents to ERAS, if you haven't already contact them for an ERAS token so you can begin work on this.