ERAS CV and CAF spacing? and such...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stillwater45

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1)s anybody else finding that the spacing on our ERAS CV is sometimes off? For instance... no spacing between Research Experiences, and Awkard capitalization for Undergraduate vs. Medical School listings. Anyone else experience this? Is there anyway to fix this?

2)BTW which one do the programs recieve?

3)Also is anyone filling out the "Reason for Leaving" box in you Work/Volunteer/Research entries when it should be completely obvious, like "end of summer" or "semester ended" ect.

Members don't see this ad.

1. i'm having the exact same problems! i wouldn't worry about too much, since as far as i know its out of our control... PDs are probably used to this awkward formatting

2. i'm not sure...

3. i've included a short statement stating the obvious, just so that they don't wonder/assume otherwise... if anyone else has heard differently let us know, but for now thats what i'm going with!

1. i'm having the exact same problems! i wouldn't worry about too much, since as far as i know its out of our control... PDs are probably used to this awkward formatting

2. i'm not sure...

3. i've included a short statement stating the obvious, just so that they don't wonder/assume otherwise... if anyone else has heard differently let us know, but for now thats what i'm going with!

Yeah, everyone has those spacing problems. The PDs can use/print out whichever form they choose, so there's no way of knowing if program x focuses on the CV or program y uses the CAF. Someone in a prior year's thread said that during his interview the PD had his ERAS up on his computer in CV format. In terms of filling out the reason for leaving section, I say fill it out (because they ask) but keep it short and sweet.