ERAS, a bit confused here...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phllystyl

n0t the j0ke f0rum!@RAWR@
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,

not sure how to put this:

For three years I worked as a work study student in a lab (1997-2000). Upon Gradjimutating, I accpted a full-time technician's position in this lab doing very similar work (2000-2002) I then left for medical school.

2003 During the break between ms1 and ms2, I returned to the lab, doing very differnet work this time around.

Right now Ive listed this as such:

Research Experience
05 / 2003 - 08 / 2003
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Laboratory Technician II, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
During this time I worked on the development of an assay comparing the effects of an SSRI, a steroid receptor antagonist, and a Substance P receptor antagonist on lytic function of NK cells. I utilized an NK assay, flow cytometry, and ELISA-based cytokine measurement. This assay is being used for a study of women with HIV who are undergoing treatment for depression.

06 / 2000 - 08 / 2002
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Laboratory Technician II,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Working in the Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, I utilized chromium-release assays for NK cells and cytotoxic T lymphocytes, lymphocyte proliferation assays, and ELISAs in several multi-site AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) protocols.

Note, the lack of years for work-study in the second description. But I mention the work study time in my Personal Statement.

Would you add a third statement here for the work-study years? it would basically say the same thing as the 2000-2002 statemnt....

thanks for all replies

Members don't see this ad.

phllystyl said:
Would you add a third statement here for the work-study years? it would basically say the same thing as the 2000-2002 statemnt....

yes
cut and paste is your friend
what harm can it do?