ER Scribe position - northern New Jersey

https://medlinkanesthesia.com/
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

er.scribe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are interviewing for positions to likely open up in Mid-July and for future positions as we expand the scribe program. Details will be provided to interviewees.

Immediate hire positions are limited, please do not wait to apply. We will contact applicants we are interested in by e-mail for interview invite.

Our emergency department medical scribes accompany attending physicians to bedside to assist in real time charting of the physician-patient encounter. This means you will be present for complete history, exam, and procedures undertaken by our ED physicians. You will get in to the eye of a physician's mind as they must instruct all scribe charting.

We have helped several of our applicants get into U.S allopathic and osteopathic medical schools. Several of our scribes have also been accepted to physician assistant schools.

We staff scribes 24 hours a days, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our pay is more generous than the average hourly rate for scribes nationally, because we are privately run by our in house ED group (no big company wasting your time with unpaid training either). We will train you on site, and pay you during training. You will receive in house training from our experienced scribes that have thousands of hours of scribe experience. If you can work in the Northern NJ area and are interested in invaluable clinical experience then please forward your CV to [email protected].

Cover letter should address:

1. Where you are currently in life and where do you see yourself within the next 1 year?

2. Which days of the week can work?

3. What times of day can you work? (We staff 24 hours; night hours have an added differential to your base hourly rate).

4. If extended an offer, please indicate when is the first day you are available to start working.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is an excellent opportunity that provides you with the opportunity to work side by side with emergency department practitioners (MD/DO/PA).

Compensation: paid position, compensation is based on experience

This Job is per-diem status (scribe will work as needed 1-3+ shifts weekly determined on a monthly basis by Chief Scribe), details to be further discussed in interview.

Please either copy and paste your resume into the e-mail or attach as a PDF document (please do not send non-PDF attachments)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. Please forward requested information to above e-mail. Applicants we are interested in will be contacted for interview.

hello can you please let me know what are the educational requirements for this job.
Thanks.

hello can you please let me know what are the educational requirements for this job.
Thanks.

We prefer college graduates Associates or Bachelors. To give you an idea our current scribes all have at least a Bachelors and range from Masters to PHD degrees.

Paid on the job training is provided to all hirees so prior experience is not necessary.

Last edited:
It is essential that your cover letter address the points requested in the first post. All e-mailed CV will be screened and those applicants of interest will be contacted for phone or in-person interview.

Last edited:
You DO NOT need any certifications or previous training to apply. Although we value prior ED experience, we will fully train all our scribes in house.

Please do not inbox on sdn. If you are interested in the ER scribe position then forward your CV to [email protected]
Applicants we are interested in will be contacted by e-mail to set up on site interview

Members don't see this ad :)
We are still interviewing for immediate hire and for more positions opening up in summer. Please send your CV to [email protected]
Applicants we are interested in will be contacted by e-mail to set up an onsite interview

please specify in e-mail subject if you are applying immediate hire or for positions opening in summer

WE ARE INTERVIEWING CANDIDATES as of April 1st, 2015 for immediate hire and positions opening up in future months as well.

I am about to apply.I have a CV that Ive used for research programs and positions in labs. Would that suffice, or do I need to do an actual"resume"

Your CV can be submitted at your discretion, but please make sure your cover letter addresses questions in the first post. We will only contact those applicants we are interested in for an on site interview.

Yeah the cover letter will address the questions. but what you think is best, is my research experiences relevant for this position? Would help set me apart?

Hi, are you guys still doing immediate hire? I just e-mailed my resume and cover letter. Thanks.

We are still interviewing. We have hired scribes from SDN. We receive a very high volume of applications for a limited number of positions. We appreciate your interest, review all resumes, but only those applicants we are interested in interviewing will be contacted. Please send your resume/CV to [email protected] (your contact information should be included on your resume)