EPPP Study Buddy/Partner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KAC0106

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have failed the EPPP 2 times, though I improved significantly the second time. I want to continue to do things different. . I live in NY, I can do email, FT, in person, phone...whatever works. I think that having someone going through a similar situation will be helpful. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I have failed the EPPP 2 times, though I improved significantly the second time. I want to continue to do things different. . I live in NY, I can do email, FT, in person, phone...whatever works. I think that having someone going through a similar situation will be helpful. Thanks

Where in NY are you located? I recently passed the EPPP and have a ton of (somewhat older) material that I used and passed with a good score. You are more than welcome to any or all of it, as I am sick of having it take up space. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Psychrat, Thank you for responding I am about 1 hour north of NYC. I have a lot of material from AATBS, Psych Prep and Academic Review. Which material did you use? How long did you study for?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a mixture of all of those, as well as flash cards from AATBS and ones I made. All of the materials I used were hand me downs from cohort members and former supervisors, as I did not want to pay for materials that likely did not change much from pervious years. I took the practice quiz for each topic to get a better idea of concepts I knew, as well as ones I was less comfortable with. I then went through the large binder topic by topic and made flashcards of the info I did not know. Between each topic, I would take a practice exam and saw my score increase. I also listened to audio on the train. I probably studies about ten hours consistently for about three months. I only studies during the week and just reviewed flashcards before bed each night on the weekends.

I have a mixture of all of those, as well as flash cards from AATBS and ones I made. All of the materials I used were hand me downs from cohort members and former supervisors, as I did not want to pay for materials that likely did not change much from pervious years. I took the practice quiz for each topic to get a better idea of concepts I knew, as well as ones I was less comfortable with. I then went through the large binder topic by topic and made flashcards of the info I did not know. Between each topic, I would take a practice exam and saw my score increase. I also listened to audio on the train. I probably studies about ten hours consistently for about three months. I only studies during the week and just reviewed flashcards before bed each night on the weekends.

I will incorporate some of these ideas into my study schedule. My goal is to study during the week which is when I have the most time for 10-12 hours for six months. Do you think this is doable?

Hi psychrat,

If KAC0106 is not interested, I would be very interested in purchasing any of your EPPP materials if you are wanting to get rid of them. I live in NYC and have a car, so can easily pick them up. Please send me a private message if this is a possibility. Thanks!!

I will incorporate some of these ideas into my study schedule. My goal is to study during the week which is when I have the most time for 10-12 hours for six months. Do you think this is doable?

I think it is. The important thing is to stick to a schedule and be consistent. It is so easy to become overwhelmed with the vast amount of info, but going through a chapter or two a night was helpful for me.

Hi Everyone,

Hi,
I'm looking for a study buddy and if you're still studying, I'd be happy to do skype sessions etc to keep each other accountable. I'd also be grateful to hear about your experiences since I may do a post doc in NYC.

Having a study buddy really helps me a lot. Someone to review with and that person can help you recall concepts better with their ideas. I don't have one right now. But even having someone to study with regardless of what they're studying for has been a great motivator for me. It holds me accountable.

I have always known that I am more of a auditory learner, sitting in a classroom setting kind of thing.. I tried the AATBS and Pyschprep audio and while they may be helpful, it was boring listening to it in the car and I tend to zone out. I have the self-paced online webinar which I am going to give it a try. I think that will help. When I am reading the AATBS book, i fall asleep. Lol. I am using Prepjet as well and it seemed to be helpful, but I haven't been consistent, because I need a 1:1 tutor/consultant.

Anyone done the 4 day workshop with AATBS and found it helpful? I am considering it as an option if I have to.