epidermal mucous metaplasia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shecanfly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm an undergrad currently working on a Power Point project that I will present to my academic peers and professor on the histological effects of tretinoin on the skin. As a long term on-and-off user of Retin-A, I was a tad bit distressed when my professor informed me of published literature which suggests that tretinoin can have detrimental effects on the integumentary system. Whaaaaaat? :eek: Say it isn't so!

Anyhow, the point of this thread is that while I have some journal articles in my possession (more abstracts than articles) that describe vitamin-a induced mucous metaplasia in chick skin and pig skin, I have not come across one personal anecdotal experience. Has anybody ever witnessed a case or even heard of a case of this phenomenon? I would appreciate any feedback! tia

eta: I just noticed that a couple of "project" threads were deleted for violations? I hope mine doesn't violate! All I really want to know is if anybody has seen or heard of this being presented in a clinical setting. Do you think this is just histological "hype?" A board search yielded nada.

Members don't see this ad.