Envision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jthedestroyr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Buyer be warned I know !

anyone work for them in icu in Dallas ?
Napa icu in Atlanta?

I know they’re skimming, but they’re offering reasonable salaries and reasonable hours in these hard to break into cities.

Yes, anesthesia is easier to do, but it’s less of a headache dealing with my APPs in icu than crna in OR for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Last resort for multiple reasons.

1. actively destroying the market and the field, don’t let the terrorists win

2. Linked to emcare which screwed over trainees for profit in Ohio, see above

3. Call burden is very poorly compensated in my experience and staffing in icu can be dangerous (eg 15+ real icu patients plus ‘home call’ where an incompetent provider overnight blames you for everything they do wrong if you don’t come in to address issues)

4. owned by profit driven private equity dinguses who could not give less of a **** about medicine, patient care, or your ideas.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Last resort for multiple reasons.

1. actively destroying the market and the field, don’t let the terrorists win

2. Linked to emcare which screwed over trainees for profit in Ohio, see above

3. Call burden is very poorly compensated in my experience and staffing in icu can be dangerous (eg 15+ real icu patients plus ‘home call’ where an incompetent provider overnight blames you for everything they do wrong if you don’t come in to address issues)

4. owned by profit driven private equity dinguses who could not give less of a **** about medicine, patient care, or your ideas.
Sigh that’s what I figured for them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Buyer be warned I know !

Napa icu in Atlanta?

I know they’re skimming, but they’re offering reasonable salaries and reasonable hours in these hard to break into cities.

Yes, anesthesia is easier to do, but it’s less of a headache dealing with my APPs in icu than crna in OR for me.
...for now.

Reactions: 2 users
Buyer be warned I know !

Napa icu in Atlanta?

You mean Physician Associates correct?

Update: envison does love to pull the bait and switch for your contract.

Totally got me to the very end, then when contract was formally presented, was significantly less than advertised rate.

Update: envison does love to pull the bait and switch for your contract.

Totally got me to the very end, then when contract was formally presented, was significantly less than advertised rate.

Disgusting. How significant of a difference? I am assuming/hoping you refused to sign it.

Reactions: 1 user
Your APPs generally respect your training in the ICU. The default CRNA mode is disrespect and they're taught from day 1 in their school, they're independent "providers." That their "anesthesia" school is sufficient and equal enough to provide equivalent care.

Not saying there aren't lazy physicians, but you see the difference in the patients being dropped off from the ICU often shows a stark difference in care.

Reactions: 2 users