Entering Class of 2003 At OSU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newpoke

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I just wanted to start this new thread for those who have been accepted to the entering class of 2003 at Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (or anyone else who like to post some words of wisdom before we start this wonderful journey that is medical school.)

Anyways, the FedEx man visited me the day after Christmas with the great news! I must say that was a very nice Christmas present. OSU-COM was my #1 choice, being an Okie and all.

I am attending the New Acceptance Day on the 31st of January. Is anyone else???

My fiance and I have been looking for housing in Tulsa already. Any suggestions from anyone?

Hopefully, this will give us all a chance to get to know each other before we get started in August. If not, I am sure that in good time we will all get a chance to know each other!

To all who have been accepted, congrats, and I can't wait to meet ya. To those who are waitlisted or still hopeful, good luck and never give up!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats, newpoke!

There is a thread (actually two threads) going for your class in the osteopathic forum. Here's a link for you.

There also are a number of students from the class of 2006 on here and one from the class of 2004 that comes on regularly. We're all available for any of your questions. :D

Man, isn't seeing that FedEx guy a great feeling? Congrats on your acceptance.

I was thinking we should set up a night in August just before the class of 2007 starts orientation where some of the class of 2006'ers go to dinner with the incoming students.

I figure it would be a good way to get to know some of the newer MSI's as well as an opportunity to give the new students advice (and ample warning ;) ). Last year some of the SDN 2006'ers got together for dinner and it worked out great.

Just a thought to ponder for later on.

As far as where to live, there are plenty of places to check out aroudn the campus, the closest being the Westport apartments, which are about 100 yards from the school. That's where I live and I've had no complaints so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Fenrezz

I was thinking we should set up a night in August just before the class of 2007 starts orientation where some of the class of 2006'ers go to dinner with the incoming students.

I figure it would be a good way to get to know some of the newer MSI's as well as an opportunity to give the new students advice (and ample warning ;) ). Last year some of the SDN 2006'ers got together for dinner and it worked out great.

Great minds think alike, Fenrezz! ;) The same thing occurred to me the other day.

Originally posted by DrMom
Great minds think alike, Fenrezz! ;) The same thing occurred to me the other day.

Sure, sure, steal all my ideas why dont you!

;)

hey newpoke! Congratulations! I will be one of your classmates and I will be attending the admitted students day Jan 31. I will look forward to meeting you and your fiance. My husband and I will also be moving to tulsa. See ya soon! Look forward to meeting others and I think the dinner thing in August is a great idea!

:clap: