Engineer with a 15 in verbal...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marvin O'Connor

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes they are.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! Great job on the perfect score! :thumbup:

I'm another one. (Though I also majored in German so maybe I don't count.)

The Verbal Reasoning section doesn't have much to do with communicating though. It's really analytical reasoning, especially since you don't have to do any communicating of your own.

lorelei said:
The Verbal Reasoning section doesn't have much to do with communicating though. It's really analytical reasoning, especially since you don't have to do any communicating of your own.

Seems engineers, physicists, and IT should do well in this section for this reason.

Members don't see this ad :)
Marvin O'Connor said:
Am I the only one? Of the 30 or so people that supposedly made a 15 in Verbal Reasoning, I wonder how many of them are engineers? I hope all of them are, so we can debunk this myth about engineers not being able to communicate, but I doubt it.

here's a cookie for you.

Oh yea, and you got a 9 in Bio? I guess you confirmed the myth that all engineers suck at Bio and should stick to PS.

PS. we all still know engineers are geeeeks.

FaytlND said:
I would say something here, but then would get people jumping all over my back.

I found the OP to be a bit braggart-ish; there is a place to post scores and this seems like a post just to say, "Look at meeee!! Not only did I get a perfect score, but I'm also an engineeeeeeeeer!"

So Fay, I know you feel badly that everyone jumped down your back but is leaving Marvin alone, but know that there are people who do roll their eyes do these types of posts. :rolleyes:

FaytlND said:
I would say something here, but then would get people jumping all over my back.

Pft....go ahead and fire away. This is an open forum....go for it. :thumbup:

hey blz, did you ever take practice exams from EK 101 passages?? if so how well did you do on them?

dave613 said:
hey blz, did you ever take practice exams from EK 101 passages?? if so how well did you do on them?

I got low 9s on most of them, a few 8s and like two 10s i think.

How did all of the engineers do on PS?

I?m a Mechanical Engineer and got a 12. :D

I found the OP to be a bit braggart-ish; there is a place to post scores and this seems like a post just to say, "Look at meeee!! Not only did I get a perfect score, but I'm also an engineeeeeeeeer!"

So Fay, I know you feel badly that everyone jumped down your back but is leaving Marvin alone, but know that there are people who do roll their eyes do these types of posts.

Agreed, I have met the eyerollers personally :):cough:: pinkertinkle ::cough:: ;) ), and I have to say that I do not blame them. And as for the engineer part, I even rolled my eyes at that. I am tired of engineers walking around like god's gift to scientific thought. It happens a lot where I go to school, and its quite irritating.

FaytlND said:
Agreed, I have met the eyerollers personally :):cough:: pinkertinkle ::cough:: ;) ), and I have to say that I do not blame them. And as for the engineer part, I even rolled my eyes at that. I am tired of engineers walking around like god's gift to scientific thought. It happens a lot where I go to school, and its quite irritating.

There ya go... :thumbup: ....and for your efforts....

gasthrower.gif
:D

Members don't see this ad :)
MechE said:
How did all of the engineers do on PS?

I?m a Mechanical Engineer and got a 12. :D

I'm a non-Engineer who sucks ass at physics but I still got an 11 in PS--- maybe I should start a thread about it to pat myself on the back--- or maybe everyone should stop bragging!!!

NOTE: this post is not an attack on MechE.

stinkycheese said:
I'm a non-Engineer who sucks ass at physics but I still got an 11 in PS--- maybe I should start a thread about it to pat myself on the back--- or maybe everyone should stop bragging!!!

NOTE: this post is not an attack on MechE.

i pretty much suck ass in physics, too. how did you manage to do well on that section of the exam?

javandane said:
i pretty much suck ass in physics, too. how did you manage to do well on that section of the exam?

I got lucky. It was mostly chemistry. I could have just as easily gotten an 8. Pure, dumb luck.

I was scared to death of the PS section and I thought I didnt do well on it. Turns out when I checked my score I got a 12 in it and I thought it was a mistake.

Marvin O'Connor said:
Am I the only one? Of the 30 or so people that supposedly made a 15 in Verbal Reasoning, I wonder how many of them are engineers? I hope all of them are, so we can debunk this myth about engineers not being able to communicate, but I doubt it.
congrats...is your sn your real name?

No my real SDN name should be loser_jerk_engineer.

Actually, Marvin O'Connor was a basketball player for St. Joseph's back in 2000 who scored 18 points in 50 seconds in a game.

Marvin O'Connor said:
No my real SDN name should be loser_jerk_engineer.

Actually, Marvin O'Connor was a basketball player for St. Joseph's back in 2000 who scored 18 points in 50 seconds in a game.

i know b/c my sis is the biggest nba freak i was wondering if you shared a name ..damn im still waiting to meet someone who goes " hi, im britany spears..not THE britany spears!"... :: goes bk to phonebook::
ps: ur my verbal hero - i got a 11 on kap daig and now i want to be just like you :love:

DieselPetrolGrl said:
i know b/c my sis is the biggest nba freak i was wondering if you shared a name ..damn im still waiting to meet someone who goes " hi, im britany spears..not THE britany spears!"... :: goes bk to phonebook::
ps: ur my verbal hero - i got a 11 on kap daig and now i want to be just like you :love:

Hey DPG. Or BPG. Depending on what physiology course you take. :D