Endo and perio specialty in the same program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diamond24

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know a program that offers both endo and perio specialty at the same time ?

Members don't see this ad.

I've never heard of one

I think there are perio-prosth programs but they run consecutively not simultaneously... it's just so much material...

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know a program that offers both endo and perio specialty at the same time ?
Yea, that doesn’t exist. You will work with perio a lot and take joint seminars with them where you discuss different aspects of different cases. You’ll learn surgical techniques similar to some perio surgeries like root resection, decoronation, hemisection. They also taught us suturing techniques. But they are WAY too different and complicated to have a joint program. Endo- in the tooth. Perio- around the tooth. I also can’t imagine practicing with the knowledge of both.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, that doesn’t exist. You will work with perio a lot and take joint seminars with them where you discuss different aspects of different cases. You’ll learn surgical techniques similar to some perio surgeries like root resection, decoronation, hemisection. They also taught us suturing techniques. But they are WAY too different and complicated to have a joint program. Endo- in the tooth. Perio- around the tooth. I also can’t imagine practicing with the knowledge of both.
One of my endo faculty actually did perio and then endo later. It looks good on paper to have multiple degrees but it can be really difficult to be good at both...I can see lots of potential in dual endo/ pedo or ortho/ ped....but other dual specialty is kind of wasting your time...

One of my endo faculty actually did perio and then endo later. It looks good on paper to have multiple degrees but it can be really difficult to be good at both...I can see lots of potential in dual endo/ pedo or ortho/ ped....but other dual specialty is kind of wasting your time...
perio prosth would work well.

but getting through and paying for 2 residencies sounds horrible

perio prosth would work well.

but getting through and paying for 2 residencies sounds horrible
prosth always have a tug of war with gp... perio and prosth will make you a super GP...other GPs will probably not refer to you though...

OS/prosth, oral facial pain, maybe dental anesthesiology? Several sounds like they mix