End goal of practicing in Spain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madrilena96

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm an American student currently about to be in my senior year of undergrad at an American university. I spent the last semester studying abroad in Madrid and completely fell in love with Spain. Life in America just doesn't do it for me anymore. I understand that it would make more sense to go to med school in the country you wish to practice in. Does anyone know anything about American students getting accepted to Spanish med schools, and the legal processes involved? My Spanish is intermediate level but I plan on continuing to improve it no matter where I end up. I am also considering going to a med school somewhere else in the EU and then moving to Spain? Either seems easier and quicker than going to med school in the US and then moving to Spain/ Europe. Any insight would be extremely appreciated. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I`m not Spanish but I am doing a medical residency here (a bit different of a process as compared to getting into medical school).
To get in a medical school in Spain there are some entree exams that everyone has to pass coming out of high school, if your scores are competitive you will get in. In your case, the challenges would be firstly the administrative portion, they are big on paperwork here (enlisting for the exam, might need to get a temporary or permanent living residency permit) and of course, having an up to par Spanish level to take the exams. Hope that helps some.

Reactions: 1 user