EMS/ED Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DigitalFusion04

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought this might be interesting for a few of you. I posted it in the EMS section but it applies mostly to MD/DO's.

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a long time. Currently I'm enrolled at Union County College in the paramedic program. Our medical director is the attending MD at a level 2 trauma center in NJ (In NJ this hospital has all level one capabilities the only difference is that staff is on call within 30 minutes and the ED doesn't see enough trauma to make it a level one.) I do not know if this is the first program or not, however, the basis is that there is hospital based paramedic response units in NJ that respond with a suburban type vehicle and work in conjunction with BLS units (most volly. execpt in urban areas) If a problem occurs on scene with a critical patient, such as extreme airway difficulty or prolonged entrapment with significant bleeds, this unit known as MD-1 will respond. Onboard is one of the main attendings and an MD in EMS fellowship. (they also respond in a suburban type vehicle). The truck contains most equipment found in the ED's. Blood is kept in a temp. controlled fridge in the truck, as well as all sorts of kits including things like a Video-Intubating Laryngoscope (which i got to use and is way easier to use than your standard fiberoptic click on handle), chest tube kits.... etc etc.
-Andrew

http://em.morristownresidency.org/F... Overview.htm

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks Digital Fusion.

EMS fellowships are widely known among EM residents. They are offered at about 25 different training sites around the country. Some concentrate on disaster medicine, some on ground medicine, and others on air medicine.