Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you don't need to send in the deposit until may 1st though. i'll be waiting until i hear back for aid and scholarships before sending a deposit anywhere.

Members don't see this ad.

you don't need to send in the deposit until may 1st though. i'll be waiting until i hear back for aid and scholarships before sending a deposit anywhere.

True that!! I'm sooo glad they gave us a long time for the deadline. Even though i'm heavily leaning towards emory, i still need to hear back from other schools for financial aid ... before i go into even more massive debt.

Michigan requires the deposit April 15, which may be before Emory sends info on financial aid. I was told by the Financial Aid Office at Emory that they start handing out aid April 1. Who knows how long the process takes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who's going to Visit Emory? Are you planning to go for both days or just Friday?

i'll be attending the visit, probably both days since it's during my spring break anyways.

hope to see you there!

hey everyone, I'm a first year MPH epi student at Emory....I know this time last year I had a ton of questions, so if there's anything you're wondering about feel free to message me or post, and I can try to help out. Congrats everyone and good luck with your decisions! :)

I will also go to Visit Emory if I get in! I have already taken the end of March and the start of April off of work for the visit in the case that I do get accepted.

I'm pretty sure I am going to attend. I'm not sure I can do both days though...

i just got accepted to emory!!!! i checked opus for the heck of it( no notification letter, only been 2 weeks since my application has been complete) and i was accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just got accepted to emory!!!! i checked opus for the heck of it( no notification letter, only been 2 weeks since my application has been complete) and i was accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats publichealthfan! Your enthusiasm is infectious!! :)

thanks!! yeah, i am extra super excited because I didn't think there would be any new information up on opus since I didn't get an email or anything. So it was an extra surprise!!!

thanks!! yeah, i am extra super excited because I didn't think there would be any new information up on opus since I didn't get an email or anything. So it was an extra surprise!!!

congrats!! looks like we may all be classmates. What department are you in? are you going in March? I will be there for both days.

Members don't see this ad :)
global health! i have applied to do a joint JD/MPH, but haven't heard back from the law shcool yet. But I am leaning towards doing my MPH first now anyways.. What department are you?

i'm in BSHE... but i will be in the health education.

Accepted today to Global Health!

woohooooooooooooooooooooo! I am so excited! :D

I'm epi starting Fall 2008. Anyone one from Florida/Vanderbilt attending next fall?

I'm epi starting Fall 2008. Anyone one from Florida/Vanderbilt attending next fall?

I go to UCF and was accepted to the Global Health program. Still trying to decide if I am going to accept though..

I actually got wait-listed for Global Health and a week later I got accepted to Behavioral Science and Health Education. I'm not really sure if I'm going to accept my offer though. I'm leaning more towards UNC right now. But I'm still waiting to hear back from few more schools then I'll make my final decision.

Mind if I ask U your Stats and data? I wish to see my comparison to other candidates.

I actually got wait-listed for Global Health and a week later I got accepted to Behavioral Science and Health Education. I'm not really sure if I'm going to accept my offer though. I'm leaning more towards UNC right now. But I'm still waiting to hear back from few more schools then I'll make my final decision.

i was sent a mail 2 weeks ago that i was on the waitlist for HPM, in Emory also, but i havent heard anything so far,wat were ur stats if u dnt mind-
mine, 1050-420v,630q. the wait is horrible.

i just wanted to mention that after speaking briefly with someone from the program, she said that the scholarships seems to be all or nothing. =/

i just wanted to mention that after speaking briefly with someone from the program, she said that the scholarships seems to be all or nothing. =/

yeah... i guess that's where the massive loans come in :(

Is anyone familiar with the HPM department at Emory?

Is anyone still waiting on their decision from Emory? My application was complete for the EOH department on 02/06 and I'm still waiting. I didn't expect it to take this long.

:mad: I got a notification that Fedex picked up my package on jan15th and i live two hours from atlanta and it is still not here.. on the tracking site it has been everywhere! they estimate that it should arrive tomorrow.. geez..

thats not what happened to me, but I actually called the department and they said that they sent out a "notification" on 02/13 and I haven't received anything yet. I'm so confused. I check OPUS, email, and mail constantly, and I haven't received anything.

ahh i finallly got it the package- what a nice package!!!!

Did anyone apply to Emory's HPM program or know anyone in it? How do people feel about it?

Did anyone apply to Emory's HPM program or know anyone in it? How do people feel about it?

i applied and am accepted. i've yet to learn of any good reasons that would push emory above unc or columbia in my mind, specifically for health management. emory is excellent for international health etc. but for management, i haven't heard of anything exceptional that would make it stand out.