Emory vs Mayo Clinic (phoenix) vs Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aberjo

Reaction score
Hello! I am currently an applicant to medical school. I have a couple of acceptances and few interviews at great schools and I am grateful that I am in this position!
I have a dilemma: I have an acceptance to Emory, however I also interviewed at mayo clinic for the Phoenix program and at Case Western.
Because Mayo clinic loves letter of intent, I was wondering should I send one to them? I want to get involved in neuro research, possibly apply to neurosurgery residency (open to other specialties) and I was wondering which one is better mayo (keep in mind this is the Phoenix program) or Emory? If Emory is better, then I won't send a letter of intent. Also, how does Case western fit into this!
Thank you so much!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Because Mayo clinic loves letter of intent, I was wondering should I send one to them?
Why would you send a letter of intent to Mayo if you're not certain you'd go there? UGH!

All three have home programs in NSG and there might be some differences in how well each is regarded; maybe one or more have a home bias which you might like. Regardless, all three would give you a shot.

However, I think you should look at the schools holistically and not just for Neurology / NSG research.

how does Case western fit into this!
You already said in your prior post that you don't want to live in Cleveland.

BTW, you should avoid cross posting identical questions across different forums. I know you're fishing for opinions from surgeons and/or neurosurgeons, but...

Why would you send a letter of intent to Mayo if you're not certain you'd go there? UGH!

All three have home programs in NSG and there might be some differences in how well each is regarded; maybe one or more have a home bias which you might like. Regardless, all three would give you a shot.

However, I think you should look at the schools holistically and not just for Neurology / NSG research.

You already said in your prior post that you don't want to live in Cleveland.

BTW, you should avoid cross posting identical questions across different forums. I know you're fishing for opinions from surgeons and/or neurosurgeons, but...
Thank you for answering! Sorry, I am relatively new on SDN and I am learning how to interact! Will not do it again!