Emory & Henry DPT 2020 start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh interesting. My email doesn’t say anything about the end of August?
Mine says “it’s possible a position could become available as late as August 2020.” at the end of the second paragraph.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Mine says “it’s possible a position could become available as late as August 2020.” at the end of the second paragraph.
Nothing like that in mine.. maybe because of where we fall in the list?

Members don't see this ad :)
My email doesn't say that part either but my friend's email does and we are both in the same section of the waiting list...

This may be non-sequitur but Tracie sent an email out today regarding a housing questionnaire, so I am thinking that if people haven't been accepted yet then there is a good chance that it will happen sometime this week.

Reactions: 1 user
This may be non-sequitur but Tracie sent an email out today regarding a housing questionnaire, so I am thinking that if people haven't been accepted yet then there is a good chance that it will happen sometime this week.

I hope you’re right. *fingers crossed*
I’m already studying for the GRE and planning on retaking classes while being waitlisted at this time if the worst happens.

I hope you’re right. *fingers crossed*
I’m already studying for the GRE and planning on retaking classes while being waitlisted at this time if the worst happens.
Just gotta shoot for the 300 and 3.5, don’t worry if it’s much more than that. Tracie told me herself that unless you are a huge anomaly (160+) then all they really want to see is 300.

Just gotta shoot for the 300 and 3.5, don’t worry if it’s much more than that. Tracie told me herself that unless you are a huge anomaly (160+) then all they really want to see is 300.
I meant to say “don’t worry if it’s not much more than that”

Does the program look at the total GRE score (300+), or do they look at the minimum of 150 per section?

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile

Does the program look at the total GRE score (300+), or do they look at the minimum of 150 per section?

It depends on your score, so for example if you had a 148 and a 152, you’d have a 300 total but the 148 would be below their desired threshold of 150. Honestly when it comes to GRE, it is like the 4th priority they look at so if you’re worried about a 152 vs a 154 then it’s not worth the stress. Tracie told me they would like at least a 300 total with a 3.5 minimum on the writing. If you have scores that dip below 150 but are close (like 148 or 149) but you have a good gpa or other factors, then it isn’t as important to them. She told me that unless you have an insanely high GRE score (160+), then just meet the minimum and you’ll be fine. That being said, if you had a 145 in verbal and a 155 in reading, I’d suggest retaking the test to improve your verbal even though you’d have a 300 total. I hope this helps, I feel like I explained in a really roundabout sort of way.

Reactions: 1 users
It depends on your score, so for example if you had a 148 and a 152, you’d have a 300 total but the 148 would be below their desired threshold of 150. Honestly when it comes to GRE, it is like the 4th priority they look at so if you’re worried about a 152 vs a 154 then it’s not worth the stress. Tracie told me they would like at least a 300 total with a 3.5 minimum on the writing. If you have scores that dip below 150 but are close (like 148 or 149) but you have a good gpa or other factors, then it isn’t as important to them. She told me that unless you have an insanely high GRE score (160+), then just meet the minimum and you’ll be fine. That being said, if you had a 145 in verbal and a 155 in reading, I’d suggest retaking the test to improve your verbal even though you’d have a 300 total. I hope this helps, I feel like I explained in a really roundabout sort of way.
Thank you so much for your information. It's just that I'm really struggling with the verbal, and I feel like the chances of me boosting my math score is so much greater.

Thank you so much for your information. It's just that I'm really struggling with the verbal, and I feel like the chances of me boosting my math score is so much greater.

If your math score is super above average then it could make up for a lower verbal score, it all depends on what numbers you have. I had a very average math score (at 150) but I think because my verbal score was much higher, at 157, it made my overall GRE presentation a lot stronger.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got off the phone with Tracie and she told me that the class has 34 people and is full. I suppose people could end up withdrawing but from what she told me all the spots have been filled. Congrats to all those who made it!

I just got off the phone with Tracie and she told me that the class has 34 people and is full. I suppose people could end up withdrawing but from what she told me all the spots have been filled. Congrats to all those who made it!

Congrats everyone. So much for waiting now, and I guess I’ll have to pray and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Hopefully people withdraw like I’ve seen elsewhere. I know a number of schools have begun pulling off waitlists.

Nope. I don’t think the waitlist is going to move.
I think there’s a chance of it moving some after people get accepted to other programs and decide to go to them instead. I’ve seen a lot of stuff on this forum about people putting a deposit down just to ensure they’re in a program and then forfeiting the deposit if they get in somewhere else they’d rather go.

Apparently last year they got down to the bottom third of the waitlist by mid-August so let's see.

I got accepted to UNT so there will be a seat opening up at Emory & Henry

I haven't gotten pulled off of the waiting list yet either

I’ve got a massive scholarship from another program. Will be attending there instead. Hopefully someone in the middle third will be bumped up. Good luck ☺️

Reactions: 3 users
I am too third and will be taking my name off the waitlist because I got in elsewhere. I’m not sure if this will do any
I’ve got a massive scholarship from another program. Will be attending there instead. Hopefully someone in the middle third will be bumped up. Good luck ☺
yes I am top third and will more than likely be going somewhere else now so there should be movement for others!

I got pulled from the wait list and received my acceptance into the program today

Does anyone know if there’s been any more movement?

Does anyone know if there’s been any more movement?
I was asked on the 26th if I was still open to a spot as they had movement on the waitlist and I’m in the top thirds but since then haven’t heard anything.

I got accepted this morning! Not sure if I’ll accept just because a school closer to home has waitlisted me. Hopefully I’ll know more by the end of my day today so a spot might open up for someone

Denied my spot this morning. Hope that helps someone. Good luck!!

hey guys! I got accepted and moved off the waitlist today at 11am!!!!

Hey everyone! I was placed on the top third for the class and received an email last week if I wanted a spot. I replied with a YES an hour later and have yet to receive anything.... I had noticed that the most recent acceptance was from the middle third. I am very confused and concerned right now

yes I am. I replied back confirming it but I have to formally accept it with supporting documents and my deposit.
Congrats! I’m still holding out hope in the bottom third :nailbiting:

Hey everyone! I was placed on the top third for the class and received an email last week if I wanted a spot. I replied with a YES an hour later and have yet to receive anything.... I had noticed that the most recent acceptance was from the middle third. I am very confused and concerned right now
Email/call Tracie to follow up

Email/call Tracie to follow up
I did email her two days after( Weds4/28) I received the email on Sunday 4/26 and no response. I am going to call and email tomorrow. I am just confused