Emory DPT 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brialvarado

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Anybody want to share their stats from their application to Emory's DPT Program and has anybody gotten an invitation for an interview?
Here are mine:

Major: Kinesiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Minor: Spanish
Overal GPA: 3.76
Pre-req: 4.0
GRE: 301
Observation Hours: 70 outpatient, 30 inpatient
Extracurriculars: Kinesiology Honors Program, President of Spanish and Latino Student Association, Interpreter/Translator at an Optometry Clinic, Intramural Sports, Pre-PT Society, AED Honor Society, Kinesiology Student Association

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi! I applied to Emory in early October but have not heard anything. My GPA is a little lower than yours but my GRE is a little higher! We can similar stats though! If you don't mind my asking - how did they notify you of your interview and when?!

Hi! I applied to Emory in early October but have not heard anything. My GPA is a little lower than yours but my GRE is a little higher! We can similar stats though! If you don't mind my asking - how did they notify you of your interview and when?!
Hey! I have not received anything from them yet. I think we will know sometime in December if we get an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys!

Anybody want to share their stats from their application to Emory's DPT Program and has anybody gotten an invitation for an interview?
Here are mine:

Major: Kinesiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Minor: Spanish
Overal GPA: 3.76
Pre-req: 4.0
GRE: 301
Observation Hours: 70 outpatient, 30 inpatient
Extracurriculars: Kinesiology Honors Program, President of Spanish and Latino Student Association, Interpreter/Translator at an Optometry Clinic, Intramural Sports, Pre-PT Society, AED Honor Society, Kinesiology Student Association

hey! i am a current emory dpt first year. there are currently 2 students from UAB so thats cool. also your credentials seem awesome! you will hear back from them dec15. and interviews (last year) were jan15&22! good luck :) interview day was very cold and rainy bring comfy shoes :)

Reactions: 3 users

if it helps i got in with these credentials: GRE 152 on both & 5/6 in W; 3.76 GPA; 206 shadowing hours; PT related research; PT Club; honors societies etc etc - good luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an interview offer this morning!

Reactions: 2 users
I got an interview offer this morning as well!

hey! i am a current emory dpt first year. there are currently 2 students from UAB so thats cool. also your credentials seem awesome! you will hear back from them dec15. and interviews (last year) were jan15&22! good luck :) interview day was very cold and rainy bring comfy shoes :)

Their interview dates are after deposits are already due at most other schools. It is really deplorable that Emory essential cost $750 just to apply. It seems as though they want to be exclusive to those from wealthy families. They should be honest about their snobbery so others would know not to apply.

Am I wrong? It's hard to see any justification for their behaviors. I fully understand they cater to Northeners and offer a safe place for Jewish students but what is their deal with post deposit interviews?

@Brialvarado - are you going crazy? because I sure am. I'm refreshing my email like every 5 minutes. LOL

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! What are your stats?
My cumulative GPA is a 3.73. I think my emory GPA was a 4.0 because they happened to only have 4-5 classes as prerequisites. GRE I got 155 (68th percentile) verbal, 157 (67th percentile) math and 5.5 (98th percentile) writing. I had around 200 hours mostly outpatient though in 4 different settings.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I noticed some already got an invitation. Are they all sent out on the same day?

I'm so nervous hearing about your interview invites. Hopefully they send out more today!

Tough call, but I declined my invitation to interview. Hope that helps someone out!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my interview invitation!!! :)

Last edited:
Got my interview invite just now! January 20th! Who else will be there on that date?

Reactions: 3 users
I got an interview invite for the 20th too!!

Got my interview on the 20th as well! See all you guys there!

I'm getting a little discouraged! I haven't received any emails this week from them. I hope they're not finished sending them out.

Anyone know when will they send out acceptance letters?

Anyone know when will they send out acceptance letters?
They sent out some interview invites today! But an email I have says they will send them all out by the end of December

They sent out some interview invites today! But an email I have says they will send them all out by the end of December

Sorry, I should clarify. I mean as in acceptance letters to the University, not the interview.

Sorry, I should clarify. I mean as in acceptance letters to the University, not the interview.
I was told from a Class of 2019 student, that they found out within 1-2 weeks of interviews. So I would assume by second week of Feb latest.

I also just received an invitation to interview on the 20th! Good luck to all who are interviewing!

Hey guys, I'm also a first year Emory student. Just to give you guys a bit of a timeline of how interviews/acceptance timelines were last cycle, there were two interview dates (1/15 and 1/22) and I received my acceptance letter 1/27. Feel free to ask me what to expect for interview day/other questions about the program!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know what percentage of the students who are invited for an interview are accepted into the program?

Does anyone know what percentage of the students who are invited for an interview are accepted into the program?
I was told today over 1000 apply. 200 get an interview. I can't remember if 70 or 100 get accepted.

@energy_pt Class size is 75 unless they upped it from last year. Looking back at who was in my interview session and who are in my class now, I counted 39 that were extended acceptances out of 97 that interviewed that day.

Hey guys, I'm also a first year Emory student. Just to give you guys a bit of a timeline of how interviews/acceptance timelines were last cycle, there were two interview dates (1/15 and 1/22) and I received my acceptance letter 1/27. Feel free to ask me what to expect for interview day/other questions about the program!
Hey ! I have my interview this Friday and was wondering if you remember what types of questions they asked? Were they more generic, why PT, why Emory, etc. Or were they more situation, like what would you do if you were put in this position? Any information would be great! Thank you !

Hey ! I have my interview this Friday and was wondering if you remember what types of questions they asked? Were they more generic, why PT, why Emory, etc. Or were they more situation, like what would you do if you were put in this position? Any information would be great! Thank you !
I just got an email today said that I was invited to this Friday for an interview!!! I searched the forum and some people said that the Emory interview questions were pretty straightforward, such as why PT, why Emory, etc. Hope this help!

@Hopefullyadpt Unfortunately I don't remember anything other than the "why PT" question. I would recommend looking over your essays that you wrote as a refresher/on the off chance something you wrote about pops up. Good luck on Friday!

I was told from a Class of 2019 student, that they found out within 1-2 weeks of interviews. So I would assume by second week of Feb latest.

i got my acceptance january 27th and i had my interview jan 15 (2016)

Hi guys, has anyone heard from Emory yet? I think they will send out results pretty soon and cross my finger to everyone! Please come back and post if you get any news!! Good Luck!

@MaryforPT Just to give you a bit of a time frame for reference, I was in the first interview cycle last year and heard back two weeks later. Unless they changed the method of communication, you should receive an email from Emory.

@MaryforPT Just to give you a bit of a time frame for reference, I was in the first interview cycle last year and heard back two weeks later. Unless they changed the method of communication, you should receive an email from Emory.

Thanks for sharing that! It is another waiting game on:xf::xf::love:

My friend that interviewed the first round (1/13) just found out she got accepted!! Hoping the best for us all!

I just received an acceptance email!!!

Reactions: 6 users
My heart is racing again....

One of the current students told me that the admissions committee is meeting Tuesday and Thursday! So hopefully more of us find out Thursday!

Reactions: 4 users
I didn't share my stats before.... Waiting on Emory....

Major:
Health Science (Human Nutrition, Food and Exercise ), Virginia tech
Minor1: Psychology
Minor2: Theater Art
Overall GPA: 3.39 (3.49 after academic updates )
Pre-req: 3.81 (Retake A&P1 from B- to A)
GRE: 311 (V:151 M: 160 W: 3)
Observation Hours: 96 outpatient, 21 acute inpatient, 30 outpatient pediatric, 30 Nursing facility inpatient, 4 outpatient sports (Don't know whether they consider such low hours, but put it in anyway)
Extracurriculars: Yoga instructor, Personal Trainer, President of ACSM- Association of Chinese Student mentor at Virginia Tech, Volunteers at two others events annually holding on campus, Members of animal care club, Members of Pre-PT club, Dean's list last three semesters.

Hey guys! I'm also anxiously awaiting hearing from Emory after interviewing on 1/20. I was hoping we'd hear something at the end of this week, but I guess there's still time.

Here are my stats:

Major: Kinesiology, University of Alabama
Minor: Psychology, Nutrition
Overal GPA: 3.67
Pre-req: 3.46
GRE: 303
Observation Hours: 30 outpatient, 500 inpatient
Extracurriculars: Rehab aide (inpatient acute care) for 3 years, undergraduate research assistant, 2 publications, AED Honor society, composer internship at software company

Best of luck to everyone!

I got the acceptance email this morning! :soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users