Embroidered Scrubs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPThopefull2019

Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts on getting your scrubs embroidered? I personally like the idea of it just to make a distinction between different disciplines. However, I don't want to seem pretentious.

If yes, what is the correct way to write it ou?

Members don't see this ad.

This sounds like the definition of pretentious. Why not just a name tag or badge that says "PT" on it? Or just introduce yourself as ________, physical therapist.

Reactions: 1 user
I see nothing pretentious about distinction between different disciplines since scrubs are warn by everyone from janitor to surgeons. It rather tells people what kind of services you can provide (you cannot give them meds, not your responsibility to clean a dirty toilet, etc). Embroidering is fine, but not sure how many patient will really read embroidered letters on your scrubs though (probably only those who would read your badge?). Some facilities make distinction by the color of scrubs. Distinction can be good since if there is none, people may assume PT is a nurse (which is not a big deal really, you just tell them you are not).