Embarrassed and ashamed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonathan13180

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all my fellow peers, I am in need of your advise.

I have failed step 2 comlex (written) for a 3rd time, once again within 10points. I am not only disgusted, embarrassed and depressed, but at this point I am lost as to why this is happening, and more importantly, how to study again?

First, off, I feel its necessary to give some background: I am a 4th year applying for a competitive field, I am in the top 10% of my class, and have been told by many programs that if it werent for my scores, they would rank me "very highly"...I say all of this NOT to boast, but more so to give everyone some sense of the type of student I am. At this point, I just want to graduate.

I take nothing for granted and have, from the outset, treated this test as an Important test, and not as one people blow off.

I have studied diligently all 3 times. I have read Secrets more times than I can count, I have read Crush front to back adding in notes from FA. I have read most of Savarese (OMM) and have done BOTH combank and comquest on two separate occasions doing each qbank at least twice through. When I do the qbank, I read the questions, and then go through ALL the answers and take notes (avg 80% on both qbanks).

I have read some of Boards and Wards, but havent found it helpful.

SO, at this point, of all the things I am worried about, I need your advise on HOW to approach this upcoming test. I am thinking U-world?

I appreciate all and any advise.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you do the question banks in a timed mode? There's such a difference between the qbank scores (80%) and your actual test score. Was time a factor in your Comlex exam, did you have to rush to finish?
Was test anxiety ever an issue for you?

Did you do the question banks in a timed mode? There's such a difference between the qbank scores (80%) and your actual test score. Was time a factor in your Comlex exam, did you have to rush to finish?
Was test anxiety ever an issue for you?

Good point---No, anxiety wasnt a factor on this exam, and I did my exams TIMED, and time on the exam wasnt an issue either.

I think it's time to enroll in a review course. I can only speak to the one I took, Boards Boot Camp. It seems to have done well for me. I have heard U-World was not helpful for the COMLEX.

I think another problem you might have is the fact you failed the exam 3 times. I would make absolutely sure your school does not have a policy of "you must pass within 3 attempts or be dismissed" and also make sure you look at each state you desire to train in or work in. Several states have rules that you must pass exams within so many attempts (many do not, but it is better to be prepared in any case).

I would also immediately get tested for any form of test anxiety - if this is a factor a little medication may do wonders for you.

Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's time to enroll in a review course. I can only speak to the one I took, Boards Boot Camp. It seems to have done well for me. I have heard U-World was not helpful for the COMLEX.

I think another problem you might have is the fact you failed the exam 3 times. I would make absolutely sure your school does not have a policy of "you must pass within 3 attempts or be dismissed" and also make sure you look at each state you desire to train in or work in. Several states have rules that you must pass exams within so many attempts (many do not, but it is better to be prepared in any case).

I would also immediately get tested for any form of test anxiety - if this is a factor a little medication may do wonders for you.

Good luck to you.

Thanks Shyrem,
I was looking at boards boot camp as well, the home study edition.

I empathize with your pain. Being in the top 10% of your class is a testament to work ethic and ability, so do not let this bullsh__, garbage exam define you as a student or future physician. As discussed ad nauseum, COMLEX step II CK is the professional/academic mind abortion of the NBOME dinosaurs that has undoubtedly damaged many young careers--unapologetically might I add. Consequently, I highly suggest just playing their game and altering your study habits accordingly.

When I took COMLEX II CK, it seemed that they stressed OMT significantly moreso (empirically) from prior tests. Also, look into medical-legal material. If you're failing by just 10 points, you'll do well to cram a few ounces of their nonsense.

Good luck + God bless. Also, consider taking USMLE Step II CK. If you can crush that on your first attempt, it'll help significantly come match.

I empathize with your pain. Being in the top 10% of your class is a testament to work ethic and ability, so do not let this bullsh__, garbage exam define you as a student or future physician. As discussed ad nauseum, COMLEX step II CK is the professional/academic mind abortion of the NBOME dinosaurs that has undoubtedly damaged many young careers--unapologetically might I add. Consequently, I highly suggest just playing their game and altering your study habits accordingly.

When I took COMLEX II CK, it seemed that they stressed OMT significantly moreso (empirically) from prior tests. Also, look into medical-legal material. If you're failing by just 10 points, you'll do well to cram a few ounces of their nonsense.

Good luck + God bless. Also, consider taking USMLE Step II CK. If you can crush that on your first attempt, it'll help significantly come match.

Thank you for the reply, I truly appreciate it.
I am planning on doing boards boot camp, unless someone has other better options.

I am planning on doing boards boot camp, unless someone has other better options.

Thanks again for all the replies. If I end up working at Starbucks for the rest of my life, I will give yall free coffee, unless you work for the nbome who will make me pay over and over and over again for their coffee.

I am an MD student and have only taken the USMLE but on the USMLE they give you a printout of how you did in each section relative to others who took the test- peds, surgery, OB/Gyn, psych, IM etc. Did you all get any feedback in this manner?

The reason I ask this is because FA, secrets etc. are woefully inadequate if your base knowledge just isn't there. For instance, the OB sections are just bare bones and without reading a larger text specifically for that subject (like blueprints for the OB/GYN clerkship) you may not have the necessary info. I would look into review books for specific clerkships. Personally I liked blueprints for OB, FA for psych, blue prints for neuro, step up to medicine for IM, and pestana review+ NMS case files for surgery. If you are deficient in one of these areas and have the time, I would recommend reading these instead of that section FA.

Did you take any shelf exams during your clerkships? These generaly give you a good idea about the kinds of questions they will ask on the baords and where you stand in terms of knowledge base.

I personally liked USMLE world for the USMLE. I cannot comment on efficacy for COMLEX. At this point, I think you will not get much out of going through the same old q-banks again so it may be time to switch to another.

As Shy said, check with both your school and your state about # of retakes and look into anxiety testing. Good luck!

I am an MD student and have only taken the USMLE but on the USMLE they give you a printout of how you did in each section relative to others who took the test- peds, surgery, OB/Gyn, psych, IM etc. Did you all get any feedback in this manner?

The reason I ask this is because FA, secrets etc. are woefully inadequate if your base knowledge just isn't there. For instance, the OB sections are just bare bones and without reading a larger text specifically for that subject (like blueprints for the OB/GYN clerkship) you may not have the necessary info. I would look into review books for specific clerkships. Personally I liked blueprints for OB, FA for psych, blue prints for neuro, step up to medicine for IM, and pestana review+ NMS case files for surgery. If you are deficient in one of these areas and have the time, I would recommend reading these instead of that section FA.

Did you take any shelf exams during your clerkships? These generaly give you a good idea about the kinds of questions they will ask on the baords and where you stand in terms of knowledge base.

I personally liked USMLE world for the USMLE. I cannot comment on efficacy for COMLEX. At this point, I think you will not get much out of going through the same old q-banks again so it may be time to switch to another.

As Shy said, check with both your school and your state about # of retakes and look into anxiety testing. Good luck!

Thanks. Unfortunately, our school doesnt have shelf exams, but during my clerkships, I basically used the books you mentioned. I actually re-read some of them in preparation for my exams, and yet I still cannot pass.

Anyone know where I can read more medical jurisprudence?

Thanks. Unfortunately, our school doesnt have shelf exams, but during my clerkships, I basically used the books you mentioned. I actually re-read some of them in preparation for my exams, and yet I still cannot pass.

Anyone know where I can read more medical jurisprudence?

You gotta think like an old man FP in Chicago to pass this sucker. Seriously.

For medical jurisprudence, learn about HIPPA, EMTALA, Tarasoff I/II, and the four conditions of malpractice.

You gotta think like an old man FP in Chicago to pass this sucker. Seriously.

For medical jurisprudence, learn about HIPPA, EMTALA, Tarasoff I/II, and the four conditions of malpractice.

Thanks Tkim-

Im not an NBOME "hater", but I think the most telling sign that things arent right in DO land is the fact that as a result of the 'switch' in test formats, most DO students arent even applying to DO residencies, and instead are going purely MD.

I think the most telling sign that things arent right in DO land is the fact that as a result of the 'switch' in test formats, most DO students arent even applying to DO residencies

This has absolutely nothing to do with the "switch in test formats," and is more a statement toward the general higher quality, better reputation, and better locations of allopathic residency programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
This has absolutely nothing to do with the "switch in test formats," and is more a statement toward the general higher quality, better reputation, and better locations of allopathic residency programs.

While I agree with your statement whole-heartedly, I have talked to many DO's who have decided to only apply MD after receiving their step 2 scores. I do not think this is the sole reason, as you have mentioned, but do think that it contributes, however minimal that might be.

Johnathan,

You should consider learning the random guidelines that the NBOME likes to test on. Those could be easy points if you recognize them and save time for the critical thinking ones.

Also, Family medicine and preventive medicine are pretty big subjects. These subjects seem to be logical, but very vague at the same time. Most people can narrow down to final two choices, but then you pretty much have to guess cause there isn't enough information on the question to rule out either one. So, don't take these subjects lightly.

Best

I wish I could offer you some solid advice, but honestly I'm not sure what to say. I somehow managed to pass on attempt one. All I did was go through COMQUEST. I read Crush Step 2 over the span of two months prior to the exam and question banks. I skimmed through USMLE Secrets. Of course, I spent about two days going through Savarese.

I've always been a pretty good test taker, so that probably played in my favor. I did notice while taking the exam that the COMLEX likes to setup questions that elicit a gut reaction that is usually wrong. Don't jump to conclusions, read the ENTIRE question, because more often than not they will throw in something at the very end that completely changes your diagnosis or plan. So, always READ THE ENTIRE QUESTION.

After reading the entire question, your gut is probably right. Don't dwell on stuff as long as you have some sort of answer; I managed to not only pass but to finish two hours early doing this.

That's what I did. It worked for me, maybe not for you. Thank God this test is over for me. I really feel for you guys who are having trouble and can't understand why. I was pretty disappointed with my score given the time I put in compared to Level I, but I still managed to pass -- and even did go up a bit from my Level I score.

Now only the PE remains.

My guess is you don't know your OMM well. OMM is a guarantee to passing because it's the only straightforward section on the COMLEX. You can literally ace that section and pass. You can't just read Savarese the day or the week before. None of the quetionbanks do a good job of preparing one for the OMM questions because their volume of OMM questions is too limited. You have to commit to memory certain sections so that when you see it on test day, you don't have to guess or think about it. They should be freebies. . Savarese isn't complete. You will need to use the First Aid COMLEX book for certain topics .I would memorize the following

1. Cranial
2. Sacrum/Pelvis
3. Jones Tenderpoints - First Aid COMLEX book to get these
4. Chapman points - First Aid COMLEX book to get these
5. Poster/Anterior radial and tibial head
6. Innervations - C5, C6, C7, C8 etc. Know the common innervations for upper and lower extremity both sensory and motor
7. The Tests - Adson's test etc
8. Muscle Energy for certain topics like ribs
9. HVLA positioning - Lumbar for example

My advice is to make a 2 column table on Word with about 200 rows. Go through Savarese and in each section that requires something that requires some memorization and is not intuitive, write that down. Then the days before your test, you can review that over and over.

My guess is you don't know your OMM well. OMM is a guarantee to passing because it's the only straightforward section on the COMLEX. You can literally ace that section and pass. You can't just read Savarese the day or the week before. None of the quetionbanks do a good job of preparing one for the OMM questions because their volume of OMM questions is too limited. You have to commit to memory certain sections so that when you see it on test day, you don't have to guess or think about it. They should be freebies. . Savarese isn't complete. You will need to use the First Aid COMLEX book for certain topics .I would memorize the following

1. Cranial
2. Sacrum/Pelvis
3. Jones Tenderpoints - First Aid COMLEX book to get these
4. Chapman points - First Aid COMLEX book to get these
5. Poster/Anterior radial and tibial head
6. Innervations - C5, C6, C7, C8 etc. Know the common innervations for upper and lower extremity both sensory and motor
7. The Tests - Adson's test etc
8. Muscle Energy for certain topics like ribs
9. HVLA positioning - Lumbar for example

My advice is to make a 2 column table on Word with about 200 rows. Go through Savarese and in each section that requires something that requires some memorization and is not intuitive, write that down. Then the days before your test, you can review that over and over.

Bob-
Thanks, thats helpful. However, while I initially thought that might be the issue, according to my score breakdown, my OMM is above the "borderline pass" bar and so it wouldnt seem to have hurt me to the point of failing.

Well let me know how boards boot camp goes for you

I'm going to start with my notes from first aid. then I heard kaplan step 3 was good. and maybe watch the kaplan videos.

Bob-
Thanks, thats helpful. However, while I initially thought that might be the issue, according to my score breakdown, my OMM is above the "borderline pass" bar and so it wouldnt seem to have hurt me to the point of failing.

But is it in the highest range possible? If you failed by 10 points, then you need to secure the area that you can potentially ace. I guaratee if your OMM score was in the highest range, you would have passed. And OMM is a section you can ace because its questions are the most straightforward, it's just a matter of memorizing the minutae. Even my friends that barely passed did so because they aced the OMM

Hi Jonathan, I just want to let you know that you are not alone. I'm almost in the exact identical situation right now. It's devastating. I've always been above average, this is really hard right now.

I'm think I'm going to take the kaplan step 2 prep live course. I think it'll offer me the structure to cover everything. I was just wondering what you all think about this plan. Do you think Kaplan would be good to prepare for the comlex? I know it doesn't cover any OMT material, but I'm planning to read saverase and do all the questions in there. I'm planing to re-do combank and comquest again and finish the kaplan q bank.

THE only concern I have right now is that I'm afraid that the number of hours kaplan live lectures have may leave me completely burned out when it comes to the actual test day. Any comments and suggestions?

Any advise and help will be greatly appreciated right now. I don't think I've ever felt this horrible in my life.

thanks in advance

To everyone who's reading, please share some of your wisdom. I'm pretty desperate right now...any thoughts on the kaplan live lecture course?

Hi Jonathan, I just want to let you know that you are not alone. I'm almost in the exact identical situation right now. It's devastating. I've always been above average, this is really hard right now.

I'm think I'm going to take the kaplan step 2 prep live course. I think it'll offer me the structure to cover everything. I was just wondering what you all think about this plan. Do you think Kaplan would be good to prepare for the comlex? I know it doesn't cover any OMT material, but I'm planning to read saverase and do all the questions in there. I'm planing to re-do combank and comquest again and finish the kaplan q bank.

THE only concern I have right now is that I'm afraid that the number of hours kaplan live lectures have may leave me completely burned out when it comes to the actual test day. Any comments and suggestions?

Any advise and help will be greatly appreciated right now. I don't think I've ever felt this horrible in my life.

thanks in advance

how much time do you have from now till the next re-take?

Good luck to you.

I completely agree, you need to pray and TURN TO A REVIEW COURSE AND MEDICATION! there is really nothing more you can do.

yep i'm in same boat. Devastating on all fronts. Have to retake PE. I will graduate 3 months late. Have to choose a less competitive field of medicine within a wk or two. I think thats hard considering it means giving up a career choice. And having to scramble due to resume.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP.

I think I'll go with boards boot camp. I'm just trying to find out some feedback before I purchase. doesn't seem like alot of testimonials out there?

found this to start
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=9144929#post9144929

Last edited:
I agree with most here... Especially the advice of meds :) at this point, I think adderall supplementation is justified given you see a medical doctor first. Maybe some text anxiety help will help too.

thanks in advance

Well, I am sorry to hear your situation...I have not heard anything about kaplan, so I cannot comment, although if you have done combank and cmquest before and finished them, then you might want to question whether doing them again will help you...I did both qbanks twice, as I stated in an earlier post, and there werent many new questions. just something to consider.

yep i'm in same boat. Devastating on all fronts. Have to retake PE. I will graduate 3 months late. Have to choose a less competitive field of medicine within a wk or two. I think thats hard considering it means giving up a career choice. And having to scramble due to resume.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP.

I think I'll go with boards boot camp. I'm just trying to find out some feedback before I purchase. doesn't seem like alot of testimonials out there?

found this to start
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=9144929#post9144929

While it is devestating that you failed the PE, it in no way should make you give your decision to pursue a given field, regardless of what that is. Sure, you might have to take a more circuitous route, but if it is something you truly want, then youll work for it. To push aside your chosen specialty because of some PE score is absurd.

I know my road will be that much longer, but I cant imagine not doing what I have worked so hard for.

Just my opinion.

I pretty much agree with InStateWaiter and ShyRem.

One more thing: did you folks who need to retake try any practice tests when you were studying? The fastest way to bring up your score on standardized tests is to really hit your weakest areas hard rather than trying to study everything equally. I don't know what the NBOME offers in that regard, but the NBME has several exams you can take that offer you a breakdown by subject just like the real test does. Also, as others have already suggested, you should evaluate the real tests you've taken the same way. It will help you focus your studying if you see that you keep scoring lower on the same few sections. That's where I suggest starting.

Best of luck to all of you. :luck:

I pretty much agree with InStateWaiter and ShyRem.

One more thing: did you folks who need to retake try any practice tests when you were studying? The fastest way to bring up your score on standardized tests is to really hit your weakest areas hard rather than trying to study everything equally. I don't know what the NBOME offers in that regard, but the NBME has several exams you can take that offer you a breakdown by subject just like the real test does. Also, as others have already suggested, you should evaluate the real tests you've taken the same way. It will help you focus your studying if you see that you keep scoring lower on the same few sections. That's where I suggest starting.

Best of luck to all of you. :luck:

The real problem isn't the material. Most of the people that walk into the COMLEX are fairly prepared. I think the test is just poorly written in general. I know quite a few people that have the same USMLE II score, but far different COMLEX II score (100+ points).

The real problem isn't the material. Most of the people that walk into the COMLEX are fairly prepared. I think the test is just poorly written in general. I know quite a few people that have the same USMLE II score, but far different COMLEX II score (100+ points).
While that may be true (i.e., that the test is poorly written), that doesn't alter the general strategy of studying for it effectively. Most people do not uniformly do the same on every subsection of these standardized tests. Whatever subsections were the lowest, those should be studied more, both by reviewing the material and doing practice questions on that subject. If someone does score low on every single subsection, that would suggest that either their general knowledge is lacking, their test-taking ability is lacking (possibly including test anxiety), or both. Either way, it's good to have some plan for how to best target your studying, because most people don't have the option of redoing their entire third year of medical school!

I do find it funny how when people do badly they say the test was "written poorly." If indeed the test were written poorly, everyone would do badly on the exam. This is not the case. There are people who do very very well on the COMLEX.

Maybe it's me, but I don't think the questions are that bad. I never really found myself thinking, "wtf?" when reading a question. 9/10 times I knew what they were asking for.

I agree with what you, and shyrem have said, and having done poorly multiple times, find it frustrating when people mention how poorly written the test is as if THAT is the reason for my shortcomings. However, while I dont feel that the test is necessarily poorly written, I do feel that the test questions are often vague and find myself saying outloud "how does the COMLEX want me to answer this question?" as opposed to how I would answer the question on any given day of the week.

I feel that most of the people who have said (to me) that the test is poorly written are those who have taken the usmle and so comparatively they find the comlex more confusing.

I do find it funny how when people do badly they say the test was "written poorly." If indeed the test were written poorly, everyone would do badly on the exam. This is not the case. There are people who do very very well on the COMLEX.

You don't think that it's strange if two people have similar scores on the USMLE II but are far from each other on the COMLEX CE (+100 points)?

Or for the case of the OP, who stated that he is in top 10% of his class, to fail 3 times?

To all my fellow peers, I am in need of your advise.

I have failed step 2 comlex (written) for a 3rd time, once again within 10points. I am not only disgusted, embarrassed and depressed, but at this point I am lost as to why this is happening, and more importantly, how to study again?

First, off, I feel its necessary to give some background: I am a 4th year applying for a competitive field, I am in the top 10% of my class, and have been told by many programs that if it werent for my scores, they would rank me "very highly"...I say all of this NOT to boast, but more so to give everyone some sense of the type of student I am. At this point, I just want to graduate.

I take nothing for granted and have, from the outset, treated this test as an Important test, and not as one people blow off.

I have studied diligently all 3 times. I have read Secrets more times than I can count, I have read Crush front to back adding in notes from FA. I have read most of Savarese (OMM) and have done BOTH combank and comquest on two separate occasions doing each qbank at least twice through. When I do the qbank, I read the questions, and then go through ALL the answers and take notes (avg 80% on both qbanks).

I have read some of Boards and Wards, but havent found it helpful.

SO, at this point, of all the things I am worried about, I need your advise on HOW to approach this upcoming test. I am thinking U-world?

I appreciate all and any advise.

Hi Jonathan13180,

I think some of the above posters have made some really helpful comments and I hope it will benefit you somehow. I just want to add two things:

1 I wanted to ask you what were the dates that you took the exam on? The reason I ask this - is that a long time ago someone had told me that you should never take the COMLEX step 1 or 2 - during peak times because now you are going to have a major curve against you. So avoid all the July and August and maybe even September times because since most 2nd and 3rd years are taking their boards during those times.

It was a rumor I heard during my second year - but I started to believe it when it I took the COMLEX 2 in July and failed. My score dropped from Step 1 by -105 points. Granted there was a school email stating there was some sort of way they changed the format of the test that could have been why.

Nevertheless I then I retook the test in November - and guess what? My score was +110 from my failing score in July. Which really makes me wonder if there is indeed a heavy curve against those who take the test in the peak months.

Again, it may only be a rumor here - but if this some how is of aid to you, then I hope it will be to your benefit.

2 If you haven't done so already - do an Infectious Disease rotation. Find one at a large hospital where they don't have a fellowship program - this way you will have more one on one time with the ID attending.

It's like the ID people get consulted for the most strange reasons and in all sorts of really different cases - this way you get exposed to all sorts of really different situations. Strangley enough I found myself really benefitting from the rotation since it helped me with the "what bug could it be" questions on the test.

And I wish you the very warmest and best reguards!

Hi Jonathan13180,

I think some of the above posters have made some really helpful comments and I hope it will benefit you somehow. I just want to add two things:

1 I wanted to ask you what were the dates that you took the exam on? The reason I ask this - is that a long time ago someone had told me that you should never take the COMLEX step 1 or 2 - during peak times because now you are going to have a major curve against you. So avoid all the July and August and maybe even September times because since most 2nd and 3rd years are taking their boards during those times.

It was a rumor I heard during my second year - but I started to believe it when it I took the COMLEX 2 in July and failed. My score dropped from Step 1 by -105 points. Granted there was a school email stating there was some sort of way they changed the format of the test that could have been why.

Nevertheless I then I retook the test in November - and guess what? My score was +110 from my failing score in July. Which really makes me wonder if there is indeed a heavy curve against those who take the test in the peak months.

Again, it may only be a rumor here - but if this some how is of aid to you, then I hope it will be to your benefit.

2 If you haven't done so already - do an Infectious Disease rotation. Find one at a large hospital where they don't have a fellowship program - this way you will have more one on one time with the ID attending.

It's like the ID people get consulted for the most strange reasons and in all sorts of really different cases - this way you get exposed to all sorts of really different situations. Strangley enough I found myself really benefitting from the rotation since it helped me with the "what bug could it be" questions on the test.

And I wish you the very warmest and best reguards!

Jesus-
Thank you for your kind words. I took it the first time in June, and subsequently, the times I took it werent "high traffic" times for taking the test.
I wonder, how did you re-study for the exam? Since I am always within 10 points, I am doing Boards boot camp to try and learn the info in a different manner.

Hi Jonathan13180,

I second this. Do not take it when the gunners take theirs!

To the OP, I'm not good at standardized tests but have managed to pass everything on first attempt. My advice would be to simplify your study materials. Don't go off reading a bunch of books or doing a ton of questions from all the question banks. Instead pick one book (e.g., First Aid > Crush, Secrets), pick one question bank (e.g., COMQUEST > COMBANK; don't do UWorld), and read Saverese (skip the questions). Know your one book cold (I usually try to memorize the entire book every time I go through it; first attempt could take a month), read the explanations given on QBANK, spend about 3 days on Saverese reading it as many times as you can. Make sure you do COMSAE to gauge yourself and if you're not ready push the exam back. Don't take the exam if you don't score at least 500 on both forms of COMSAE (timed). Again, simplify!!! It seems like you're trying to do too many sources and not knowing a single source.

Good luck!

I didn't know anything about not taking the test in July or August. I took it in August and had no problems. And I'm definitely NOT a gunner.
You are *totally* a gunner. :smuggrin: ;)

All kidding aside, it's ridiculous to tell someone that they shouldn't take the test in July or August if that's when they're prepared to take it. Given the same level of preparation, a person's score will not be significantly different if they take the test during one particular month versus any other month. These tests are called *standardized* for a reason.

Can anyone help me better define the topic categories?

1. Health care delivery issues
2. Osteopathic principles and practice
3. General Osteopathic medicine

I have some idea of what each means, but I would like some more clarification. For instance, whats the difference between 2 and 3?

First 2. is all about OMM 3. is all the categories (surgery, obgyn, peds, im...etc) all lumped sum together which is not helpful at all. As for the subject matters refer to this website below:

http://www.nbome.org/intro/m_outline_dimension_2.html

Can anyone help me better define the topic categories?

1. Health care delivery issues
2. Osteopathic principles and practice
3. General Osteopathic medicine

I have some idea of what each means, but I would like some more clarification. For instance, whats the difference between 2 and 3?

Do you have good sources to study for the healthcare delivery issues?

Also what about Health promotions disease prevention? any good sources?

I don't know this might be in boards boot camp but I just started the program. ??