EM Critical Care Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EM2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Does anyone know of any other CC fellowships that are EM friendly aside from the ones on this list?

http://www.emccmfellowship.org/programs.php

2) How do people that aren't IM trained (EM, Surg, Anes) best learn about things like chronic HTN and Diabetes management? I imagine these people would be "behind the curve" compared to their IM counterparts.

Members don't see this ad.

Also do fellowships use Step 3 scores for selecting fellows?

Dont normalize numbers for the sake of normalizing them. Use autoregulation physiology to answer your hypertension question.

For diabetes keep BS <180. convert to 50:50 lantus and novolog. kick to floor team.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What would ya'll be using for selection criteria then? Any utility in doing an away elective at a big name CC institution?

What would ya'll be using for selection criteria then? Any utility in doing an away elective at a big name CC institution?

If you mean any utility in doing an away at a big CC shop your applying to during your PGY3 year.....I sure as **** hope so as that's my plan in 2 months lol. Gotta sell myself to the current fellows and PD ;)

Recommendations from people who know you are not a *****.

I think an away rotation wouldn't be out of the question if you can get it set up. Lets the place know you are interested and that you are not a *****.