Electrophysiology Fellowship 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minnesotanative

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Since ERAS has opened, I decided to create a WhatsApp group for this year’s applicants. Send me your number if you’d like to be added!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I PM'ed you as well! Thanks for adding.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Here is the list of the non-participating (likely filled internally) programs in the Match 2023-2024 for Cardiac Electrophysiology:

Baylor College of Medicine/St Luke's Episcopal Hospital ProgramNot participating
Baylor University Medical CenterNot participating
Dartmouth-Hitchcock/memorial hospital programNot participating
Henry FordNot participating
Louisiana State UniversityNot participating
Penn State (Hershey)Not participating
Rutgers HealthNot participating
Stony Brook MedicineNot participating
Metrohealth/case westernNot participating
Umass (Baystate Program)Not participating
Unviersity of Arizon (Tucson)Not participating
University of ColoradoNot participating
University of FloridaNot participating
University of LousivilleNot participating
UMKCNot participating
Univesity of NebraskaNot participating
University of north carolinaNot participating
University of OklahomaNot participating
University of South FloridaNot participating
Virginia Commonwealth UniversityNot participating
Wake Forest UniversityNot participating

Reactions: 3 users
Here is the list of the non-participating (likely filled internally) programs in the Match 2023-2024 for Cardiac Electrophysiology:

Baylor College of Medicine/St Luke's Episcopal Hospital ProgramNot participating
UMKCNot participating
Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: 1 user

UMKCNot participating
U of Minnesota filling internally as well

Is it possible to be added to this Whatsapp group? Thanks in advance.

I've been creeping on the ERAS for a couple months now and the available programs had gone down to about 83 at a nadir, back up to 92 now. maybe some internal applicants changed their minds? I guess we'll see what the trend does between now and July 19th.

anyway, glad to see a new thread up for this application year. can't wait til apps go in and interviews start coming! good luck guys!

Did you guys start getting any interviews? lol We area 48 hours in the game and I started to freak out :rofl::rofl:

Nope. Seems like last year end of the month we’re the first invites and even that was fairly sparse (per student Doctor forums).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting a bit antsy myself. I heard first week of August/late this week some should trickle in. but it doesn't stop me from checking, my email, spam, and eras 10 times per day.

So I am assuming everyone got the Iowa email. Did anybody hear back or get an interview?

So I am assuming everyone got the Iowa email. Did anybody hear back or get an interview?
yeah, that whole thing was sort of bizarre and confusing. does anyone know if they have done this before? was this just like a weed out thing, just to see who was interested enough to reply? it was a bit off putting to be frank. I emailed the contact they listed, but no I have not had a reply back to answer your question.

My impression is it’s a weed-out. There’s some further discussion in the WhatsApp group if you want to join!

Apparently, both Mayo Clinic (Rochester) and Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) sent interviews this past week too.

Anyone have opinions regarding University of Maryland vs. Mount Sinai Morningside?

Need a tiebreaker. Which one wins/loses? Why?

Anyone have opinions regarding University of Maryland vs. Mount Sinai Morningside?

I interviewed at the University of Maryland and was not impressed! Particularly referring to their didactics. But hey - I didn't go further to collect any collateral infaromation.

Anyone have an opinion on how would you guys rank any of these programs below:

UPenn
Vanderbilt
Mayo Clinic
Brigham & Women
UCSF
University of Michigan
Yale

Hey guys. Any recommendations on ranking Boston University, Montefiore, Northwell and Jefferson?

Hey guys. Any recommendations on ranking Boston University, Montefiore, Northwell and Jefferson?
BU and Jeff are low-volume places surrounded by bigger names that suck up the volume. They’re both also somewhat dysfunctional.

Monte has DiBiase but I hear he uses people, not sure. Northwell I just know as busy from general cardiology interviews. Don’t know much about these two.

Anyone have an opinion on how would you guys rank any of these programs below:

UPenn
Vanderbilt
Mayo Clinic
Brigham & Women
UCSF
University of Michigan
Yale

Probably UCSF, Michigan, and Penn (in no particular order) followed by Mayo, Brigham, and Vanderbilt (again, no particular order). Yale last. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. If you have specific questions, I can answer more.

UMD is a low-volume, very slow place. Hopkins and even Union Memorial dominate in Baltimore. I don’t know about Mt Sinai Morningside.

BU and Jeff are low-volume places surrounded by bigger names that suck up the volume. They’re both also somewhat dysfunctional.

Monte has DiBiase but I hear he uses people, not sure. Northwell I just know as busy from general cardiology interviews. Don’t know much about these two.
I know DiBiase personally. Great guy. He does make his fellows work their collective asses off during fellowship (clinically and academically, he expects a lot of publications out of you), but they end up being very well trained and many of them end up in very good positions after they complete their EP fellowship.