Elective student rotations for those entering EM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some helpful elective rotation options for those planning on entering EM?

Aside from the ED rotations at the residency sites I am interested in, I'm looking for the best elective rotations to do.

I have considered doing a rotation in ortho and gas. Should I do a full month of each or do a split rotation?

What other areas would be the most helpful? Any rotations that are high on procedures that are needed in the ED?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would add derm and a short Rads rotation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Think about a Pediatric ER rotation in addition to Rads, Gas, Ortho/Trauma. Also try to get Cardio/ICU for your core IM rotations at TRMC, do your required ER at OKC (not Tulsa!) Best of Luck to you.

Dr.MISHKA said:
Think about a Pediatric ER rotation in addition to Rads, Gas, Ortho/Trauma. Also try to get Cardio/ICU for your core IM rotations at TRMC, do your required ER at OKC (not Tulsa!) Best of Luck to you.

I'm doing core at St. Anthony's in OKC. I plan on doing residency at Integris in OKC, so I'll do my rotation there.

I was thinking about doing Pediatric ER at Children's in Dallas.

Thanks.

Do PICU at St. Francis. Its good if you'll work at it.