elective choices? confused about how to explain in interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanya67

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have given my step 1 exam and preparing for cs and want to club my cs exam with the electives. But have not got any electives till now...basically got rejected...although had applied 6 mths. in advance..
Now I am depending on electives in pathology dept in cwru , i just applied here in this dept. to increase my chances of acceptance...my actual interest is in IM ...but IM electives are not available to International students in cwru... neurology dept accepts international students...but got rejection from neurology too...as all spots were full when i applied
So, I plan to do pathology elective( if get acceptance in that) and after that apply in neurology in new academic session..my doubt is that how can i explain these electives at the time of interview when my actual interest is in IM...i know that these electives can give me good experience of health structure of US, will add to the USCE criteria , which is required in many universities and that's the reason for going for these electives...but what beyond that...can LOR's from these electives help me in my IM interview...what should i do..bit confused...
PLEASE NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS ON THIS

Members don't see this ad.