EK verbal booklet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jammin06

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i've been kinda workin on the EK verbal booklet (the one that comes w/ the complete set, not the 101 book). has anyone found that the passages are a little more difficult than any of the other passages that they've come across? I have taken practice tests before w/ kaplan and PR, and scored upwards of 8-9, but in this book, my scores have been plummeting. is it me or has anyone else been having some trouble w/ the book?

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, theyre harder than most passages ive dealt with, but i think thats the point: they better prepare you for the real thing.

i think my scores were around 8-10 on the 101 passages and the ones with the ek verbal booklet. on the e-mcat practice tests (3R, 5R, 7) i scored better, from 10-12. so yeah, maybe they're a little harder in ek but don't get too comfortable... the verbal on aamc #7 seemed to have much longer passages than anything on ek or the other e-mcat tests.

on practice test 7, i ran out of time before finishing all the passages. when i took the real thing in april, i finished the verbal with 12 minutes left