EIS 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep - just got an email to say I didn’t get called to interview.

Well done to those that did!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone here applied more than once and got in the second or third time?

Reactions: 1 user
Received an email invite 30 minutes ago. Hope to see many of you during the interview process!

Does anyone know what the Hotel is right across the street? Can anyone share a bit about the writing portion that has been added in the past year?

Found it, Atlanta Marriott Northeast/ Emory

Does anyone know what kind of interview questions / format to expect on the interview day?

Hello,
I have heard there are 2 interview sessions and a writing session. I have not yet received a schedule for the day so what I know is simply from others, not from formal communication.
I am preparing for general interview questions such as
Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years and how does this experience impact that goal?

What type of assignment are you interested in and why?

I will prepare to answer study design and analysis questions

I plan to be familiar different centers I have an interest in and familiar with the Core Activities of Learning

Can anyone else share how they are preparing? I am surprised there is little discussion on this page after the invites went out....

I was just planning on making sure I have clear answers to the questions that were addressed on the essay and a few general interview type questions. I'm trying not to over prepare/over think anything and just take it easy. I was at a conference with a bunch of former EIS officers an they emphasized focusing on why I want to do EIS both for the next two years and for my career and to make sure that I let them know that my topical and geographic interests are broad.

Anyone interviewed yet? I have my interview tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Is anyone allowed to say how many positions there are this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
No one asked from our group, but should be similar to last year.

Does anyone remember the name of the member of the selection committee who spoke in the morning of the interview?

Does anyone remember the name of the member of the selection committee who spoke in the morning of the interview?
Wish I could help, but I do not remember the name of the first officer who spoke. I remember the women who opened the day was named Beth, but I do not think that is who you are asking about.

Thanks anyway! I'm really hoping we hear this week....I'm terrible at waiting.

i received the call just before 3 PM today! so incredibly excited. best wishes to all of you. hope to see you in atlanta.

i received the call just before 3 PM today! so incredibly excited. best wishes to all of you. hope to see you in atlanta.
Congratulations!!!!! Thank you for sharing! Enjoy your weekend knowing what the opportunities the future holds! Congrats!!!

Got the call earlier this morning! I'm so excited. Best wishes to everyone, I hope you all get a call soon.

That is wonderful to hear! Enjoy your day and your great news! Congratulations!

Got a rejection letter (crying)!
Very disappointed but I might reapply next year. Best wishes to everyone.

Got a rejection letter (crying)!
Very disappointed but I might reapply next year. Best wishes to everyone.
sorry to hear that. If you haven't done it this year, try and attend the 2020 EIS conference and meet all the supervisors before reapplying.

sorry to hear that. If you haven't done it this year, try and attend the 2020 EIS conference and meet all the supervisors before reapplying.
Thank you very much for your advice, pmahale.
I haven't attended the conference this yeat. I will definitely attend it next May. Looking back at the interviewing, I could've planned a strategy more deeply.

Anyway, good luck with your pre-matching!!! Grab your position!