Egregious error on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soontobedoc98

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I submitted my AMCAS last week and am currently filling out AACOMAS

I made a horrible error in which I selected

-Most meaningful activity as YES

And left the description blank

I had three most meaningful activities, but I accidentally left one entirely blank. I did not do this for any other activities.

What should I do? Please let me know

@Goro

@gonnif

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone! I submitted my AMCAS last week and am currently filling out AACOMAS

I made a horrible error in which I selected

-Most meaningful activity as YES

And left the description blank

I had three most meaningful activities, but I accidentally left one entirely blank. I did not do this for any other activities.

What should I do? Please let me know

@Goro

@gonnif
It can't be added to or corrected now, so the readers will see just 2 MMA essays.
You are not required to write 3, so your application will go through as complete.

Get somebody to proofread your AACOMAS file with you before submitting!

Reactions: 4 users
This isn’t really a big deal.

On mine, I accidentally copy and pasted an activity description for two activities (hence one was completely wrong and made no sense). Still got plenty of interviews

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you sure?

I just checked and I wrote the FULL DESCRIPTION of what I did. But left the MEANINGFUL description blank

Are you sure?

I just checked and I wrote the FULL DESCRIPTION of what I did. But left the MEANINGFUL description blank
Yes: you are not required to write 3 MMA essays. I bet nobody notices you left one off.
Give yourself a little mercy here :)

You can give yourself a chance to talk about MME #3 in your secondaries and hopefully interviews. This is nothing.

I'm just freaking out bc I responded to it ...

I said it was meaningful and then responded with like one word in the description box... Sigh.

Should I contact AMCAS? Not sure what can be done :( But thank you!

I'm just freaking out bc I responded to it ...

I said it was meaningful and then responded with like one word in the description box... Sigh.

Should I contact AMCAS? Not sure what can be done :( But thank you!
I said, this is nothing. Don't dwell on this.

Reactions: 1 user
If I review your application I won't even notice that you have only two MME statements or that you have a MME box checked with no essay. Really, it will be completely overlooked by reviewers just as you overlooked it when you submitted the application. Relax.

Reactions: 1 user
If I review your application I won't even notice that you have only two MME statements or that you have a MME box checked with no essay. Really, it will be completely overlooked by reviewers just as you overlooked it when you submitted the application. Relax.
Thank you Ms. M

I'm just upset because it was one of my most meaningful activities/clinical experiences...

I still have the paragraph describing what I did. Thankfully, that didn't get compromised.

I made a careless error. I own it.

I agree... just because we give you three MME essays doesn't mean you MUST write them. There are many applications I've reviewed where they only put in 1 MME if any. My committees will still read them and decide based on the quality of that experience description.

The importance of proofreading and/or having a trusted advisor read important work prior to submission should be well-established at this point--and isn't. THAT, for me, is a marker for lack of preparedness, which is the real issue. (I would ask, "Is this the only time you've been less than thorough with respect to something important? Why'd you'd pick this time?" And since there is no good answer to this highly rhetorical question, the key is to never put yourself in this position....which you did quite perfectly).

The importance of proofreading and/or having a trusted advisor read important work prior to submission should be well-established at this point--and isn't. THAT, for me, is a marker for lack of preparedness, which is the real issue. (I would ask, "Is this the only time you've been less than thorough with respect to something important? Why'd you'd pick this time?" And since there is no good answer to this highly rhetorical question, the key is to never put yourself in this position....which you did quite perfectly).

You're absolutely right. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about it now.