ECFVG good idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1j418

Reaction score
Thinking about studying abroad at a non-accredited veterinary school.
Smart move? How hard and extensive is the exam? Is it expensive? Worth it or shouldI just study in the US?
Really looking for as much information and advice as possible.

Anything helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Or at any AVMA accredited vet school... Canada, Ross, SGU, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Canadian schools, etc.

But keep costs in mind, vet school is stupid expensive and honestly not worth going $200k+ in debt for.

Members don't see this ad :)
The cost is one of the top factors that I am considering which is why I was thinking elsewhere?

Was thinking of studying abroad and then taking the ECFVG exam, but if it’s not worth it and it’s too great of a hassle to get lisenced then studying in the US would be the next move.

I know people who studied abroad who could never pass the qualifying exams needed to get licensed in the US. Not only that they exams are expensive and most people have to take them more than once.

I even know of someone who gave up with trying to pass the exams and went back to vet school in the US just to get the US license.

Do you have an in-state school? If so, that generally will be the best option in terms of affordability and chances of acceptance. If you don't have an in-state school it gets harder. But if you want to practice in the US, I can't think of a good reason to go to a non-AVMA accredited school.

Do you have an in-state school? If so, that generally will be the best option in terms of affordability and chances of acceptance. If you don't have an in-state school it gets harder. But if you want to practice in the US, I can't think of a good reason to go to a non-AVMA accredited school.
unfortunately, no...no in-state school which def makes it harder.