EC leadership positions for transferring to an undergraduate school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CbasCoC2016

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN!
I'm on my sophomore year and I have the opportunity to be the vice-president in a small honors society called Sigma Zeta (pretty much more STEM majors) or becoming the Public Affairs Liaison for the American Medical Student Association(AMSA). Since I will be becoming the vice-president of my college Red Cross next semester, my time will be limited. So, I was wondering what would look better on my transcript when applying for an undergraduate school. I was planning in being the vice-president in the honors society for a year, and then run for the AMSA the following year but not many people applied so I have the opportunity. Would it look better if I had three different officer positions( 2.5 years of Red Cross(prob first as treasurer, vice and then president), 1 year of Sigma Zeta(vice), and 1 year of AMSA(any officer role)) or only two officer positions as Red Cross and two years of AMSA.
Thanks, any feedback will be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

>when applying for an undergraduate school

Is that a typo? I assume you meant medical school?

In which case -and I know you won't like the answer-, it really doesn't matter whether you have two or three leadership positions and in which organization. Ask yourself where: 1. you can do the most good; 2. you can learn the most; 3. you do not threaten your academic performance. Those are the only criteria that matter.

Reactions: 1 user