EC Activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phungus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
everyone knows how important extra curricular activities are because admissions are looking for well rounded students. what kind of activities did you do as an undergrad and if you're still an undergrad, what kind of things are you doing now to prepare yourself?

also, many PT programs require a letter of req from a practicing PT, what are some good ways to introduce yourself and to get to know some local PTs?

I'm currently a second year undergrad. as for my activities, all i have right now is a job working at a cardiology lab on campus. im looking to add some volunteer work at our med center. i'm not sure if thats a lot, but for now thats about all i can handle bcause im trying to pick up my grades. let's hear your stories!

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools, if not all, require observation hours with a licensed PT. If you have time I'd suggest doing this time at a bunch of various places and then doing more at the place you liked most. This is what I did and it hardened my desire to become a pt. It sounds like you got a pretty good record of activities but it never hurts to fill an empty hour at a place that needs helps i.e. Sal. Army, Goodwill, Animal shelter...You should definately find out what your program's requires.