Eastern Virginia vs. Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FGB22

Reaction score
i decided :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have some strong positive feelings about EVMS. I'd lean EVMS and then in 2 years, if the relationship has matured to engagement, he/she can join you in Norfolk.

Reactions: 1 users
1.5 hours is really not too far of a commute, but if it were me, I'd personally rather live closer to my SO than my family, so I'd go with VCU. On top of that, yes, VCU has a marginally better name in medicine. Interview/school vibes I think are super hard to get a handle on as a premed without actually going there, meeting your classmates, and attending lecture. During my interview, I LOVED the adcom at my school, and I haven't seen them since that day (slight exaggeration, but only slight). Last, a great ultrasound curriculum is like kind of cool, but definitely should not be a main point of focus when choosing a school. Learning to do ultrasound really well is not applicable to all fields, and if it is applicable to one you're interested in, then you'll learn it in residency.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think EVMS. It’s cheaper and closer to your SO

Reactions: 1 user
I think VCU due to better prestige which can be important given that step 1 is p/f

Reactions: 1 user