earning certificates in undergrad: worth it or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huzzfuzz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have the opportunity of earning a childhood and adolescent studies certificate here at my school and i just want to know if it's worth it?...will the adcom take it into consideration or will it just have the kind of influence minors have? not useful unless it's something different...i'm a bio major by the way...to get the certificate i'd have to take like 4 or 5 extra classes...i'm planning on going into pediatrics so i thought that this might be beneficial to me in the long run...or will the residency end up providing that info in the end anyway?...thanks for any future input on this...

Members don't see this ad.

not everything you do in life has to be for the purpose of impressing an adcom. if you want to learn the info and you think it could help you in the future work with children, do it. If you're considering it purely to impress someone, namely a medical school, don't do it.

not everything you do in life has to be for the purpose of impressing an adcom. if you want to learn the info and you think it could help you in the future work with children, do it. If you're considering it purely to impress someone, namely a medical school, don't do it.

i just want to know if i'm going to learn the stuff anyway during residency...if i won't then i'll definitely go for it...but if i am, i don't want to stress myself out over it...impressing an adcom would just be an added plus...good point though...

I had to share.. I read the title of this post incorrectly, and thought it said "EATING certificates..." and was wondering what the heck that meant. Wow am I brain fried right now.