Early Decision Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

In regards to the early decision deadline of August 15th, does that mean that everything has to be verified by that date in order to make the cut, or does everything just have to be e-submitted by then?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

There is a bunch of info on the PTCAS FAQ but I think this is the relevant part for you.

Q: What will happen if my transcript, letters of reference, or payment arrives after the deadline? Will PTCAS process my application?
A: PTCAS will continue to process your application normally even if your transcripts, GRE scores, references, or payment are received after the deadline. However, PT programs may not consider your application if your application or any required materials is late.

So I would make sure PTCAS received all of my materials before the deadline.

Thank you.

I guess where my concern lies is will I still make the ED cut if PTCAS hasn't verified everything by then?

As in i'll have all of my material to them by then and will have my application e-submitted before August 15th, but from what i've seen PTCAS takes 4-5 weeks to verify grades and everything & that's where the concern lies.

Thank you.

I guess where my concern lies is will I still make the ED cut if PTCAS hasn't verified everything by then?

As in i'll have all of my material to them by then and will have my application e-submitted before August 15th, but from what i've seen PTCAS takes 4-5 weeks to verify grades and everything & that's where the concern lies.

There are some post from past cycles that stated the ED apps get verified quicker as they get priority.

PTCAS states that they must receive everything by the date. Schools are suppose to follow this policy, however I have seen some that require their supplemental applications in July so watch out on these dates.

Last edited: