Early Application+Individual LORs or Late Application+Committee Letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axe-e-dental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey people, so I’m kind of in a predicament here and was looking for some thoughts and opinions. I’m currently filling out the AADSAS application and wanted to have it finished by June 5 to submit it as soon as it opens up. However, I’m realizing this won’t happen if I want to get a committee letter from my school. Currently, I have all the required materials for the application ready including 4 individual letter of recommendations. If I want a committee letter, I will have to wait until late-July for it to be ready. So my question is: Should I apply early with individual LORs or should I wait until late-July to August to send my committee letter as a follow up to my application? I was also wondering if it is possible to just send the committee letter directly to dental school and that way I can send my individual LORs plus a follow up committee letter. I’m just torn because I want the advantage of early application and a committee letter but in my situation I can’t have both. So which one is more advantageous: an early application with okay-okay LORs or an application followed up by a good committee letter around late-July? Here’s a bit more information to help you in your decision about my case.

cGPA: 3.51
sGPA: 3.40
DAT: AA23/PAT23/TS21

Top school choices: Temple and Pittsburgh. Will be applying to 9 more OOS friendly and mostly private schools.

Members don't see this ad.