dwarfism

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Agape

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do Pods do any work pertaining to dwarfism? I was just wondering?

Members don't see this ad.

I do not know of a specific area of dwarfism that podiatrist work in but I'm sure a pod has work w/ little people. They break ankles, get plantar fasciitis and bunions like the rest of the world.

There are some conditions that while not the same as dwarfism are congenital diseases that a pod may treat such as brachymetatarsia (short digit), cleft foot (lobster claw), club foot, or vertical talus.

Do Pods do any work pertaining to dwarfism? I was just wondering?

Certainly. it depends on the extent of lower extremity involvement.
DRfeelgood gave some very good examples to which I'd like to add genu varum.

Certainly these individuals could be great candidates for orthotic management seconday to their anatomic variation.

Another good point that DRfeelgood made was that these individuals really shouldn't, be treated as having "dwarfism," but instead be treated as individuals with a medical complaint, just like any other patient and be worked up accordingly.

Certainly. it depends on the extent of lower extremity involvement.
DRfeelgood gave some very good examples to which I'd like to add genu varum.

Certainly these individuals could be great candidates for orthotic management seconday to their anatomic variation.

Another good point that DRfeelgood made was that these individuals really shouldn't, be treated as having "dwarfism," but instead be treated as individuals with a medical complaint, just like any other patient and be worked up accordingly.

whiskers you are like a smelly onion. So many layers and I enjoy them all but cannot kiss my wife after-wards. Sometimes you answer a ? in an articulate manner, other time sardonic, and still others I would classify as crazy. And like onions I think you are an acquired taste but I'm starting to get there. Unless you go crazy again. I did like your "slice" post.