Dumaguete Philippines - International Rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZigPig

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an MS4 in an American med school. My mother is from Dumaguete, and so I was hoping to do an elective rotation at a hospital out there. I was not able to find anything on any websites about doing rotations out there. From this past thread on Dumaguete it looks like some people have had some experience out there. Does anyone have know of any contacts at Silliman University, or any of the hospitals in this city.

My family keeps in touch with a retired Opthamologist that was involved there, and supposedly knows some of the hospitals' administration. But... it might be better to go through a direct and official route, since these type of arrangements don't always come through.

Members don't see this ad.

I am an MS4 in an American med school. My mother is from Dumaguete, and so I was hoping to do an elective rotation at a hospital out there. I was not able to find anything on any websites about doing rotations out there. From this past thread on Dumaguete it looks like some people have had some experience out there. Does anyone have know of any contacts at Silliman University, or any of the hospitals in this city.

My family keeps in touch with a retired Opthamologist that was involved there, and supposedly knows some of the hospitals' administration. But... it might be better to go through a direct and official route, since these type of arrangements don't always come through.

Hi, I am a Medical Student studying in Cardiff, UK, and hoping to arrange an elective in The Philippines, hopefully Dumaguete!
Did you manage to get anything organised? I am really struggling to find contact details for hospitals (currently looking at Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital).

Thanks!

Hi, I am a Medical Student studying in Cardiff, UK, and hoping to arrange an elective in The Philippines, hopefully Dumaguete!
Did you manage to get anything organised? I am really struggling to find contact details for hospitals (currently looking at Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital).

Thanks!
I didn't find anything official. I have a cousin that is a med student there, and another cousin that was a med student and then an intern there. If you PM me, I'll try to see if they know of a contact person.

I didn't find anything official. I have a cousin that is a med student there, and another cousin that was a med student and then an intern there. If you PM me, I'll try to see if they know of a contact person.
Amazing, thanks. Inboxed you :)