Program-Specific Info / Q's Duke OTD 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pMcN

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there's any others applying for this year's OTD program at Duke. Hoping to follow this process with some fellow applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

i am!! Have you already applied? I still have the different domains to finish!
I'm wondering if there's any others applying for this year's OTD program at Duke. Hoping to follow this process with some fellow applicants

Reactions: 1 user
i also applied! sent in my application in early november :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying but still have 2 domains to complete

i am!! Have you already applied? I still have the different domains to finish!
I just submitted my application 2 days ago… I thought it took forever to get through the domains and then realized all the additional essays following it.. I’m soooo happy to get it all finished

Have you heard anything back yet? I thought they may start reaching out before the deadline
Nah. Their email says that after the application window is closed they’ll start sending out interview invites. I’m not getting my hopes up until at the very least the day of, Jan 15!

Nah. Their email says that after the application window is closed they’ll start sending out interview invites. I’m not getting my hopes up until at the very least the day of, Jan 15!
Ahhh ok! Yeah I’m super nervous they’re my #1 choice and I only applied to like 3 schools and I know they’re really competitive.

Update!!!! I got an interview invite today!!! Totally shocked and surprised to have heard so early!

thank you! I applied mid October! Verified and supplemental payment done by like the 3rd week of October i think

thank you! I applied mid October! Verified and supplemental payment done by like the 3rd week of October i think
That’s awesome! Congrats!! When are they doing interviews?

Anybody willing to share their stats? I’m wondering what applicants they’re interviewing/accepting

I personally don’t have the best GPA 3.3 overall but have had an internship semester with a pedi OT and have 2 different settings with volunteer hours and I’ve worked in healthcare over 6 years as a rehab tech, a tech in the hospital with geriatrics and peds and now work as a medical assistant at a dr office. Basically hoping my healthcare background and answers to the knowledge domains help me out lol. Duke is my #1 choice and I only applied to 2 schools for my first time so I’m definitely nervous!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview is Feb 17th
Anybody willing to share their stats? I’m wondering what applicants they’re interviewing/accepting

I personally don’t have the best GPA 3.3 overall but have had an internship semester with a pedi OT and have 2 different settings with volunteer hours and I’ve worked in healthcare over 6 years as a rehab tech, a tech in the hospital with geriatrics and peds and now work as a medical assistant at a dr office. Basically hoping my healthcare background and answers to the knowledge domains help me out lol. Duke is my #1 choice and I only applied to 2 schools for my first time so I’m definitely nervous!!
cum gpa: 3.69
Over 900 hours in special needs school and over 900 hours in geriatric inpatient rehab. (Semester long paid working experiences through school). On my resume I also have an internship for 6 months at a typical public school but didn’t list that under observation hours.
Letter of rec from one OT at both settings.
Learning domains I chose some unique classes such as psychology of crime and basic clinical skills instead of anatomy.

Also looking to specialize in sp.Ed and sensory integration/multiple disabilities which comes across in my essays

Also I was hired back after my 6months during school at the special needs school as a teaching assistant and have been doing that part time for 1.5 years now

Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to know.

I just got extended an interview good luck all!

Reactions: 2 users
I got an interview as well :) Anyone know the interview format?

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview as well looks like it’ll be a group and one on one interview on zoom

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview also!! 🎉

Has anyone done the interview yet? I have mine tomorrow morning in group 2

just got my email acceptance! i will be turning it down to attend USC, but good luck everyone :)

Does anyone know if they are providing any scholarships and when we would know!

Does anyone know if they are providing any scholarships and when we would know!

They have some stuff listed on that site. But they said in interviews we should find out mid March but seems like they’re starting early so I guess fingers crossed! 🤞🏽🤞🏽

Has anybody heard anything back yet?? I’m pretty sure they said mid march but I’m getting anxious 😩 I have another acceptance but I’m waiting to hold off from Duke before I accept anything else

Has anyone heard anything yet?
So I emailed them and they basically said they sent out first admissions Feb 25th and they will send remaining open spot admissions after March 15th.

So I emailed them and they basically said they sent out first admissions Feb 25th and they will send remaining open spot admissions after March 15th.
Did they say how many they sent admissions to? I'm curious as to why they have two separate release dates.

They did not… I know I’m curious too. I know on the website they said they accept 40 so I’m wondering if they sent out 40 acceptances and basically send the leftover positions after that

They did not… I know I’m curious too. I know on the website they said they accept 40 so I’m wondering if they sent out 40 acceptances and basically send the leftover positions after that
That is what I was thinking as well. Post back if you hear any updates. Good luck!

Will do! Thank you to you too! I’m HOPING we hear back on the 16th because I received another acceptance that I have to pay my $1000 deposit by the 16th so hoping I don’t have to pay that too if we get good news back 😩

Will do! Thank you to you too! I’m HOPING we hear back on the 16th because I received another acceptance that I have to pay my $1000 deposit by the 16th so hoping I don’t have to pay that too if we get good news back 😩
Oh man yes... I hope you do not have to do that either! The sooner we hear back, the better!

I know fingers crossed! Good luck to you too!

I was literally just about to post and ask! I haven’t heard anything yet… I’m trying to stay hopeful because they said the applicants had until the 15th to accept or decline and they would send the rest “promptly” so I assumed today but who knows could be another week even

The anticipation is rough. I am hoping to hear something very soon

I was literally just about to post and ask! I haven’t heard anything yet… I’m trying to stay hopeful because they said the applicants had until the 15th to accept or decline and they would send the rest “promptly” so I assumed today but who knows could be another week even
I was thinking it would be today too bc of the “promptly”. Hopefully at least by the end of this week if not today :’)

I was thinking it would be today too bc of the “promptly”. Hopefully at least by the end of this week if not today :’)
That’s exactly what I was thinking, but if none of us heard anything I’m sure they’re still working on it

I just got an email… I was waitlisted 😔😔

I just got an email… I was waitlisted 😔😔
I know that is not the news you were hoping for, you should still be very proud of your status though!

I was admitted and will be attending! If anyone else is joining this cohort, please reach out! I would love to connect!

I know that is not the news you were hoping for, you should still be very proud of your status though!
Thank you I really appreciate it! I’m still trying to be hopeful.

I was admitted and will be attending! If anyone else is joining this cohort, please reach out! I would love to connect!
I was admitted and will also be attending!!!