Duke or Miami???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WahooDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I seriously hate to clutter the board with threads like these, but I'm simply hitting a wall with this decision. I'm literally in the process of polling just about anyone that is able to produce a worthwhile, logical response. Finances and distance aside, which program should I choose? If any of you have decided to attend or not to attend either school, I'd love to hear why. ANY feedback is good feedback! Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Both are great programs. I would go with the one that cost the least and I believe that is Miami.

find a cheaper school? both are crazy expensive after you factor in cost of living....are you able to find a school with tuition + COL less than 120k?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I remember correctly they are comparable tuition-wise (Miami being cheaper by ~5k). Both have solid programs/reputations so it's a tough call. Do you have any personal preferences (location, atmosphere, faculty, etc)? Btw the tuition for both schools are ~80K I think you'll manage with <120 total.

if tuition is 80k....then COL per year (housing, gas, parking, food, bills, etc) will probably be around 20-25k....thats an additional 60k so 80+60= 140k .... how do you figure less than 120k?

I don't know if it varies a lot by location but during my undergraduate years in Ann Arbor my monthly rent was 300 (with 2 other roommates) and food/utility couldn't have been more than 600. That's 900/month n a bit over 10k per year. I really don't see how graduate school would be that different, at least for me.