Duet, snapshot, Altus Suite, and AAMC preview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiteralLungs

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seems like they added a lot more test requirements than when I applied a few years ago. I see some of the schools I am applying to this upcoming cycle require casper, very few require the "altus suite" (casper, snapshot, and duet bundle), and very few require the AAMC PREview test.

Does anyone know, if you take snapshot and duet, can you send it to just the schools that require it? Or will it go to all of the Casper requiring schools since these 3 tests are all associated with "altus"?

Same question for the AAMC PREview test. Since I took the MCAT through AAMC, if I take the AAMC's PREview, will it send to all schools automatically since I am sending them MCAT scores through AAMC?

Members don't see this ad.

For reference: Show Me About Yourself: Virtual Interviewing Platforms for Health Professions Programs

I am uncertain about whether schools are going to require all three of the Altus exams, but it would surprise me if it did. I think that the results would likely be shared with just the schools who have a contract with Altus, and it's up to the schools to handle the extra information if they wanted it or not. Most schools should be upfront about whether snapshot or duet are required or "recommended (for their testing purposes)."

As for the AAMC PREview test, as far as I know, result distribution will be the same as for the MCAT scores through AMCAS. Only schools that you designate as an applicant on AMCAS should get the results of the PREview (if participating) and MCAT. We await the announcement of upcoming webinars (if it's been made already, please let me know), but this is last year's: .

Reactions: 1 user