Dual Specialty ERAS App.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PACtoDOC

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know many of you are going to advise against this, but please leave that for another thread. What I want to know about applying for 2 different specialties is this?

Is it possible to submit more than one personal statement to be sent to different specialty programs? For instance, I have had a tough time trying to determine if I am going to focus on FP with Obstetrics versus just doing OBGYN. To me it comes down to some geographical factors, and down to how I feel about all the programs after I interview. I also don't want any advise on this thread about why or why not someone should choose either of these 2 specialties. That is my decision. I just want to know how it is possible to go through the match or at least the interview process and be looking at potentially 10 of each program type without spilling the beans to the other programs that you are considering both. I just cannot imagine writing a personal statement that has to be so vague that it incorporates my desires for both. Anyone with any true inside info on this process from my vantage point?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it's possible. In ERAS you could technically write a new PS for each program, and as you go through you check off which ones you want for each individual program, as well as which LORs. But in your case if you wanted two you there is a spot where you put a title on each one (seen only by you) so you can easily assign the correct PS to the correct programs.

Thanks a lot DL!!

Yeah, I was gonna say...you can submit and name multiple PS. You individually select who gets what....so it is entirely plausable