D's...here ya go "toomuch" ;)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DieselPetrolGrl

twisterChamp&so much more
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ehhh
a D in precal 2st semester ->retaken to a B+

Members don't see this ad.

D in Thermal Energy (aero engineering class). Thought I was getting a B, and this was a fave subject of mine. DOH!

If you get a D in a prereq course are you required to retake it? Or can you take another course in the same field to make up for ur bad grade?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think if you make a D in a prereq you have to retake.

Anyway, D in Calc II. First quarter of college. Didn't retake.

Originally posted by crystal18mc
I think if you make a D in a prereq you have to retake.

Anyway, D in Calc II. First quarter of college. Didn't retake.

Did u have any problems with ur D when u were applying?

I got a D in an upper-div science, retook and got an A, no problems applying yet! I'm not accepted anywhere yet, but I did get 5 interviews! (3 at UC schools too!)

Well, NRA...I haven't applied yet. So I can't really say. However, I did take Calc I and got a B. I know there are a few schools that require a year of calc, and I don't think I'd be good at those schools. So if I intended on applying to those schools I'd maybe rethink my position on not retaking. However, since it's not a premed req and wasn't a class towards my major or anything both my school and potential med schools should be ok with it...I mean as ok w/ it as you can be for it being a D! :)

BUMP

I feel this is a very noble thread

I got a D in Cancer Biology.. I didn't feel too bad about it. Half of the HONORS students got a D as well. Actually, it was hilarious..

The first time I took it the people who passed were the people who took it before.

Of course, I'm not sure admissions committees will see it that way.

I got a "marginal satisfactory" in Physics I Lecture.... started off poorly in Physics II Lecture but saved face by the end... ended up getting an 11 on the Physical Sciences section of the MCAT. yay

Originally posted by TTSD
I got a D in Cancer Biology.. I didn't feel too bad about it. Half of the HONORS students got a D as well. Actually, it was hilarious..

The first time I took it the people who passed were the people who took it before.

Of course, I'm not sure admissions committees will see it that way.

Isn't there any word-of-mouth at your school? What were you doing taking a class like this?

Originally posted by Optimist
Isn't there any word-of-mouth at your school? What were you doing taking a class like this?

Yes and no. This is generally a class most people take at the end of their school years and I had not heard much about this course asides from it was supposedly difficult.. and it seemed interesting.

When we got the first midterm back we were like, "WHOA!" Half the thing was ochem/biochem. Then in the final we spent all three hours scribbling whatever we knew from the course for each question, lol.

got a D in calc I first semester freshman year

retook it, second semester, W (withdraw)

over the summer of that year, went to a local community college near home and retook it... got a A

will they frown upon the fact that I went to a community college to retake calc I? it might seem like i went with the "easier" route...

I would've taken at the university... but i went home over the summer... so i just took it near my home.

thanks for any advice

i never got a D...but they did say D is for diploma right? D is passing at post places so...70=MD...heh

The reason college math classes are so hard is the teachers don't speak english.

You have to look through the course catalog to find a teacher with an american sounding name. Even if that class is at 6:30 am you build your schedule around that class.

Originally posted by indo
The reason college math classes are so hard is the teachers don't speak english.

You have to look through the course catalog to find a teacher with an american sounding name. Even if that class is at 6:30 am you build your schedule around that class.

thats just so wrong, those math teachers happen to be the best :rolleyes:

"American sounding"

what exactly is that?

Originally posted by indo

this threads all for too much wheeee

post your Ds ppl..there is no shame
:)