Dry Erase Boards?!

rani82

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone taken the OAT in New York and been given a dry erase board instead of paper and pencil as scratch paper?

I feel like it would be difficult to go back to the ones you have marked and to review your work with a dry erase board...If you can post your experience that would be great!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Call the test centers and ask what will be given. I heard there's been a rising number of places using the erasable board. if that's the only option left, I would go visit the center and ask where to get the same for hands on practice.:idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
Plus be an absolute nightmare for leftys!! I could see myself now...smeared writing everywhere.

Exactly!! I am a lefty as well...smeared writing and not to mention not being able to review your work!! You will have erased it all by then....!

it better be a big board too. thick pens + small board = ur screwed.
they should leave the paper/ whiteboard thing as an option. someone might get irritated and chuck the board across the room.
although a huge board might make u want to doodle. haha. g'luck.

I just called the ADA and they said that as of January 1st, 2007 that ALL OAT tests are being offered with DRY ERASE BOARDS ONLY!!!

I don't know what to do because I have been practicing with pencil and paper and as you all have mentioned - lefties have BIG problems with dry erase boards.

Anyone take the test after January 1st and get a dry erase board for their OAT? Guess I need to go out and get one now :(

This is so upsetting...and is yet another bump in the road...

I just called the ADA and they said that as of January 1st, 2007 that ALL OAT tests are being offered with DRY ERASE BOARDS ONLY!!!

I don't know what to do because I have been practicing with pencil and paper and as you all have mentioned - lefties have BIG problems with dry erase boards.

Anyone take the test after January 1st and get a dry erase board for their OAT? Guess I need to go out and get one now :(

This is so upsetting...and is yet another bump in the road...

Oh really? When I took the OAT last week, I used the traditional paper and pencil scratch paper...

i took mine on 1/16/07. they offered "special" paper and pencils. i hate using pencils. i also wish they had flat screen monitors. oh well!

What is "special" paper? Like laminated paper and dry erase markers?

whoa.. guess this thing's getting more intimidating now with more version of writing materials supplied at the test centers.:eek:

actually it's just plain yellow paper, but they made it seem very important. g'luck.

I took it 2/5/07 and had paper and pencils... I guess it was special if pepto bismol pink is special?