Drop out or try for residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulleface87

Reaction score
I’m a 4th year medical student who passed comlex but failed step 1. I applied with comlex only but understand I can be fired for this offense. Should I just withdraw my app and do something non clinical? Or should I try nursing instead?

Members don't see this ad.

Bro, match with Comlex and forget you have taken the usmle. Don’t be so dramatic! You only need to complete one series of board exam to get a medical license.

Bro, match with Comlex and forget you have taken the usmle. Don’t be so dramatic! You only need to complete one series of board exam to get a medical license.
I genuinely concerned about being fired. Is it worth putting in 2-3 years of residency to be fired midway when I can do nursing and get my np?

Members don't see this ad :)
I genuinely concerned about being fired. Is it worth putting in 2-3 years of residency to be fired midway when I can do nursing and get my np?
No residency is looking to fire its residents for any little reason. It looks bad on the program itself to do so. You are cheap labor to begin with. If a program hired you with Comlex only, chances are they didn’t care whether you had usmle or not to begin with.

Troll

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
On the off chance this isn't a troll, this topic has been discussed at length elsewhere.

Thread closed.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.